What is the best mobile phone you have ever owned?

BadAsh

For me it was the galaxy s6 edge, I upgraded from a Samsung S4. thought the S4 was good, the battery wasnt too good, after a year the battery weaken tremendously but not The S6, it had great battery life and after almost 4 years, it never gave me any problems. I am currently on the S9 but I am not sure if I will upgrade anytime soon.

jlb333333

What is the best mobile phone you have ever owned? What did you like about it?
My current phone :Huawei P Smart. It's the perfect phone. Inexpensive, everything works well. By far the best I have ever had.

dr_tech

For me it's my current Xs Max - longest battery life and big screen FTW!

But back in the day - Galaxy Nexus was a great Smartphone.

Veldtofork

Nokia 2110i

Rugged, battery life for days and very cool in its day.
#oldschooltech

ColonelJAck

Huawei P20 lite. I thought the LG G4 was excellent, until my affair with the Huawei began. Excellent battery, excellent camera. 4gig Ram, 64gig storage in a Lite version. Excellent. P30 lite is next on the cards.

Gemsbok

At the moment I am using a LG-M400Y (Stylus). There is no need to upgrade to something more expensive. It does everything I want it to do. I had a Samsung S4, but it frustrated me so with overheating, poor battery life and most of all the un-nessasary Samsung aps you cant get rid of.

deepblue007

I have to say my current Huawei P30 Pro.
Superb camera in all conditions, long lasting battery of full day (even with heavy use of navigation, games, video, etc). Super quick charging. Great screen, good performance, smooth interface (using nova launcher). And it is a collectors edition (because new Huawei's don't have google app access). It's going to be sad reverting back to a different android manufacturer when my 2 years are up. Huawei hardware is undoubtably the best in the world currently.

ezras

Redmi Note 5A Prime

Best value for money, backup cloud service, do not force you to take a bunch of APPS as default, lots extra features. We REDMI fans, all our staff only have Redmi phones. Find them also to be much durable than the other phones.

Sweiss_

It's between the HTC One M7 and Sony Xperia Z5 Compact for me. The HTC was and still is just plain gorgeous in my eyes, the screen was amazing to look at and the sound was thick and juicy. The Sony was my favourite phone ever to use, had it for almost 4 years, what made it so nice was the size, easy to use with one hand and didn't have to worry about water or dust, the battery also lasted 2 full days while using it, now it's considered "great" battery life if you can make it through 1 day.

Phones these days are great performance-wise but suck absolute b*lls cause they hang halfway out of your pocket and you need to have a firm 2 handed grip on it.

Last edited:

op365

First up Nokia N70. I used as GPS with external GPS receiver, had email, able to record phone conversations, had a huge 128Mb memory card, had 3 day battery life and could fit into my shirt pocket.

Close second place Samsung Note 1, finally I could take handwritten notes and had a large screen. Battery life sucked however and was oversized for my shirt pocket, but still enjoyed it.

Will NEVER touch a Huawei phone again...

neoprema

Executive Member
I've had (smartphone wise)

iPhone 4, 6, 7,7s,8,8s, X - All absolutely Awesome and amazing.
Sony Xperia Z : Meh, doable.
Samsung 6, and 7 Edge : Rubbish
HTC (One) : Rubbish
Huawei (can't remember model) : also Rubbish
Blackberry : Meh, doable.

Luzmatic

Nokia Lumia 820.
I liked the following:
  • Interchangeable phone covers
  • Wireless Charging, NFC
  • Durability
  • Expandable Storage
  • Windows Phone OS, Live Tiles
  • Glance Screen
  • Double Tap to Wake
  • Cortana, Virtual Assistant
  • Nokia Cinemagraph
    Nokia City Lens (Augmented Reality)
  • Nokia Camera: Living Images, Gifs, Double Exposure
it was just ahead of its time.

Vernon247

Nokia N79
It came with 3 different back covers
Had a FM transmitter
Mxit was perfect
Music player has a most played songs list
Camera has a cover, when you opened it the camera app opened.

Polly101

Expert Member
At the time, I thought my Nokia Scirocco was the shiz

now I'm quite happy with my iphone