What is the best month-to-month fibre package/product on on Vuma?

KingAuthor

I am was browsing Vuma and got to that link, the website states it has 100+ fibre packages. What is the best month-to-month, no contract, product or package provided by Vuma?

JOEY_8

I am was browsing Vuma and got to that link, the website states it has 100+ fibre packages. What is the best month-to-month, no contract, product or package provided by Vuma?
All of those packages are provided by ISPs (nothing directly from Vuma). Most are month to month, and there are quite a few good deals.
I personally use Websquad and they are really good. I know others who use Cool Ideas and are happy as well. Many other ISPs as well, all depends on your needs and budget.

powermzii

Expert Member
Define best?

Not trying to facetious but best is not a measurable item. Are you looking for an ISP that is cheapest / best support / best routing to (choose one of EU, NA, SA, Far East) etc... what speeds are you looking for? will you be providing your own router or do you expect one from the ISP? all those factors add up to help people help you

KingAuthor

Define best?

Not trying to facetious but best is not a measurable item. Are you looking for an ISP that is cheapest / best support / best routing to (choose one of EU, NA, SA, Far East) etc... what speeds are you looking for? will you be providing your own router or do you expect one from the ISP? all those factors add up to help people help you
I don't know much about speeds but what would you say is a decent speed? I don't want to wait for a page to load. I want something that has reliable, good speed and best support. I also don't know how the router thing works, so I can say I expect one from the ISP because I don't have a router nor do I know how they work.

powermzii

Expert Member
I don't know much about speeds but what would you say is a decent speed? I don't want to wait for a page to load. I want something that has reliable, good speed and best support. I also don't know how the router thing works, so I can say I expect one from the ISP because I don't have a router nor do I know how they work.
  1. What will you use the connection for mainly? Gaming / Streaming (would you be streaming in 4k or just FHD) / Work from home (Teams and Zoom calls / VPN into work - is this local or international?)? (this will help in the speed decision) -
  2. Also how many people are likely to be doing those things at the same time (in general) - the more people and devices the more speed required
  3. Is there already a fibre box (ONT device) in your place or would one have to be installed by Vumatel - some ISP come with 'free installation' and others will charge you for it
  4. What is your ideal budget for this service?

KingAuthor

1. What will you use the connection for mainly? Gaming / Streaming (would you be streaming in 4k or just FHD) / Work from home (Teams and Zoom calls / VPN into work - is this local or international?)? (this will help in the speed decision) -
  2. Also how many people are likely to be doing those things at the same time (in general) - the more people and devices the more speed required
  3. Is there already a fibre box (ONT device) in your place or would one have to be installed by Vumatel - some ISP come with 'free installation' and others will charge you for it
  4. What is your ideal budget for this service?
1. Mostly for downloading and working from home.
2. Mostly me and sometimes two more people.
3. There is nothing installed, but I see that Vuma has been promoting their service in my area, so I know we have coverage. I don't know what's a fibre box/ONT device.
4. I'd say R700 a month, that's month-to-month.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
1. Mostly for downloading and working from home.
2. Mostly me and sometimes two more people.
3. There is nothing installed, but I see that Vuma has been promoting their service in my area, so I know we have coverage. I don't know what's a fibre box/ONT device.
4. I'd say R700 a month, that's month-to-month.
So if you pay for the Vumatel installation then most ISPs are Month to Month anyways.

If you have Openserve coverage too then that might be an option because on the entry level packages they are a bit more affordable and doesn't hurt with the free installation and a free router from your ISP.

With Vumatel you are going to need to budget at least R1497 installation fee if you want a month to month with no contracts or claw back clauses.

If you drop me a pm with your address and check what coverage you have?

powermzii

Expert Member
Mind the Speed
1597404063276.png
MTS Fine print
- **Place order at https://www.mindthespeed.co.za** to ensure a speedy installation and activation.
  • - Free activation
  • - Free migration
  • - Free router
  • - Free VOIP SIP account
  • - Free 10gb cloud backup

Websquad
1597404120555.png
WebSquad Fine print
  • Truly Unshaped and Unthrottled service - we're not here to tell you what you can and can't use your internet for
  • Free-to-use Dual Band Fibre Router and delivery
  • - already have a router? Get a R250 discount voucher to use at Web sQuad Shop!
  • Never Lose a Byte - Free Storage on our Locally hosted Cloud*
  • No Connection or Activation Fees
  • Industry Leading Support
  • No strings attached Month-to-Month Package
The Fine Print (See, not so small):
  • Minimum Commitment Period: 1 Month
  • Cancellation period: 1 Calendar Month Notice
  • Starting Cost: N/A

Cool Ideas
1597404162465.png
CISP Fine print
  • High speed internet
  • Free Router
  • No Connection fee, however there is an Install fee of R1725 charged by Vumatel to the ISP for your install
  • Uncapped data
  • Customer services through phone, chat or email
Terms:
  • Commitment of minimum: 1 Month
  • Cancellation period: 1 Month

Home Connect
1597404211601.png
HC Fine print
  • Line Speed: 20Mbps Download /2Mbps Upload Speeds / 10 Down 10 Up
  • Data Allocation: Unbeatable Uncapped Unshaped Data |No Fair Use Policy | No Cap | No throttling
  • Free-to-use Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi router for the extensive wireless range
  • No Once Off Fee
  • Month-to-Month Contract T&Cs Apply
  • Should you cancel within a year, you will be liable to pay Home Connect full settlement amount for installation and activation fees.

KingAuthor

So if you pay for the Vumatel installation then most ISPs are Month to Month anyways.

If you have Openserve coverage too then that might be an option because on the entry level packages they are a bit more affordable and doesn't hurt with the free installation and a free router from your ISP.

With Vumatel you are going to need to budget at least R1497 installation fee if you want a month to month with no contracts or claw back clauses.

If you drop me a pm with your address and check what coverage you have?
I just Googled Openserve but their website is not working. So I went to Afrihost's Openserve Fibre section and checked coverage, and installation is provided by Vuma Reach, but I believe it's monthly. It's R400 per month, which is affordable but monthly and not month-to-month.

KingAuthor

Mind the Speed
View attachment 892876
MTS Fine print
- **Place order at https://www.mindthespeed.co.za** to ensure a speedy installation and activation.
  • - Free activation
  • - Free migration
  • - Free router
  • - Free VOIP SIP account
  • - Free 10gb cloud backup

Websquad
View attachment 892882
WebSquad Fine print
  • Truly Unshaped and Unthrottled service - we're not here to tell you what you can and can't use your internet for
  • Free-to-use Dual Band Fibre Router and delivery
  • - already have a router? Get a R250 discount voucher to use at Web sQuad Shop!
  • Never Lose a Byte - Free Storage on our Locally hosted Cloud*
  • No Connection or Activation Fees
  • Industry Leading Support
  • No strings attached Month-to-Month Package
The Fine Print (See, not so small):
  • Minimum Commitment Period: 1 Month
  • Cancellation period: 1 Calendar Month Notice

Cool Ideas
View attachment 892886
CISP Fine print
  • High speed internet
  • Free Router
  • No Connection fee, however there is an Install fee of R1725 charged by Vumatel to the ISP for your install
  • Uncapped data
  • Customer services through phone, chat or email
Terms:
  • Commitment of minimum: 1 Month
  • Cancellation period: 1 Month

Home Connect
View attachment 892888
HC Fine print
  • Line Speed: 20Mbps Download /2Mbps Upload Speeds / 10 Down 10 Up
  • Data Allocation: Unbeatable Uncapped Unshaped Data |No Fair Use Policy | No Cap | No throttling
  • Free-to-use Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi router for the extensive wireless range
  • No Once Off Fee
  • Month-to-Month Contract T&Cs Apply
  • Should you cancel within a year, you will be liable to pay Home Connect full settlement amount for installation and activation fees.
Thanks.

I think than narrows things down.

KingAuthor

I found these:

What fibre plans are offered by MWEB?
Here’s a sample of MWEB’s fibre packages, each of which is available on a month-to-month plan:

• 10/2 Mbps Uncapped Openserve – R399 p/m. Enjoy an uncapped data allowance each month, along with download speeds of up to 10Mbps. Free router; no initial set-up costs.
  • 20/4 Mbps Uncapped Openserve – R699 p/m. Get an uncapped data allowance each month and download speeds of up to 20Mbps. Free router; no initial set-up costs.
  • 100/25 Mbps Uncapped Octotel – R999 p/m. Take advantage of an uncapped monthly data allowance and download speeds of up to 100Mbps. Free router; no initial set-up or installation costs. New Fibre line only.
  • 1Gbps/100 Mbps Uncapped Octotel – R1,399 p/m. Get lightning-fast Internet with an uncapped data allowance and download speeds of up to 1000Mbps (1Gbps). Free router; no initial set-up costs.
Be aware that MWEB partners with different providers to deliver fibre services where it is currently possible to do so – the examples listed above will only be available to customers in certain areas.

Pros and cons
Pros

• Plans start from R399 – which is very competitive
  • A 1Gpbs fibre package for R1,399 is also good value
Cons

• Fibre plans are only available in some areas of South Africa
  • Currently no 24/7 tech support

Source: https://www.finder.com/za/mweb-fibre-review

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I just Googled Openserve but their website is not working. So I went to Afrihost's Openserve Fibre section and checked coverage, and installation is provided by Vuma Reach, but I believe it's monthly. It's R400 per month, which is affordable but monthly and not month-to-month.
So you need to see who you are covered by. With Vuma Reach coverage you only get 1 package for now and it's a 20/10 package at R399 per month with free installation. Its a really good offer to be honest and it will be hard to beat from any other provider.

If you send me your address in a private message I can check who covers your area and advise on the best option?

Thor

Honorary Master
Urgh moving to a new place now going from SADV to VUMA, absolutely kak.

SADV is so great and the cheapest currently when you look at 50/50 and up.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

abzo

Honorary Master
Why is Vuma more expensive than everyone else?

How does Vuma Reach differ from Vumatel?

nad_isa

Why is Vuma more expensive than everyone else?

How does Vuma Reach differ from Vumatel?
owned by Vuma - different model, essentially a cheaper prepaid fibre business model. limited ISPs and limited linespeed choice. great price though. being rolled out into areas where FNO's were not necessarily willing (at this stage) to rollout out 'full blown' fibre

some quirks in that its a single router/ONT and your router is locked down. having a line on vumareach hopefully installed today.

abzo

Honorary Master
owned by Vuma - different model, essentially a cheaper prepaid fibre business model. limited ISPs and limited linespeed choice. great price though.

some quirks in that its a single router/ONT and your router is locked down. having a line on vumareach hopefully installed today.
So if you don’t have coverage with vuma reach but only with vumatel can you request vuma reach or not?

nad_isa

So if you don’t have coverage with vuma reach but only with vumatel can you request vuma reach or not?
different entities and FNO model. its either the FNO is Vuma Reach or Vumatel. and your packages will apply accordingly.