What is the best small automatic?

Synonym

Thanks for the reply. The 108 seems nice but only comes in manual from my research. What do you think of the 208?

Sumen

Expert Member
Thanks for the reply. The 108 seems nice but only comes in manual from my research. What do you think of the 208?
The 208 is good option.

Also include the Opel Corsa, you will be able to find one with the automatic parking feature.

Mekon

Expert Member
Thanks for the replies. The swift is fatter lol and awkward to park. The clio is the only one I haven't test driven. If I go for a clio then it will be an older model and will give less peace of mind compared with going for a kia with a longer warranty.

I wouldn't need a big boot as my child is too big for a pram now. It comes down to newer model kia/i10 or a older clio. I'm not sure if I should look at other makes?
I reaslly don't get this. How much wider is it ? 10-20 cm? Not like its half a metre wider. I used to have a Audi A6 Avant and thought I was going to battle parking it but I didn't. It's all in your mind.

Synonym

I reaslly don't get this. How much wider is it ? 10-20 cm? Not like its half a metre wider. I used to have a Audi A6 Avant and thought I was going to battle parking it but I didn't. It's all in your mind.

Also I really don't like the AMT Auto gearbox

airborne

Honorary Master
I am changing my approach based upon the replies. So I am looking for a car with the most airbags and safety is a priority.

1. Mazda 2
2. Honda Jazz
3. Renault Clio
4. Renault Captur
5. Citroen c3

Has anyone had a rear camera fitted in their car? It seems only the Jazz sport has this feature and I could cut costs by going for the 1.2 comfort and get this fitted.

Any car can be high risk but some are more high risk than others from the data, so I have not considered Ford and VW.
Make sure you give that 1.2 a proper drive before you get it, it may be a bit under powered.

airborne

Honorary Master
I really would include the Suzuki's, they are by all accounts great vehicles with low cost of ownership.

Nithan15

Expert Member
Having driven most of the cars on your list, I would take the Ignus out of that list, the gearbox is horrible, I would recommend either the Clio or the I20, the I20 would come with a better warranty.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Majority of Suzuki's offer good value, it's something we can't deny, but when it comes to safety there are better options out there.
There's something about the new Swift, it just doesn't look as composed as the old one, it always reminds me of the Datsun Go when I look at it, It just looks like a downgrade from the previous one.

Last edited:

LinuxMan

Expert Member
The new polo vivo tiptronic.
Last of the 1.6 reliable motors.
All these tiny motors are underpowered and unreliable long term.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
For the benefit of us die hard automatic refuseniks, what is "isofix"?