What is the best small automatic?

Synonym

When I test drove the jazz I didn't find the lack of power too bad. Although the mazda 2 was more fun to drive. Both have 6 airbags so it's tough to decide. The ncap rating is for a 1.5 jazz and got 5, the mazda 2 is from 2015 and got 4.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
When I test drove the jazz I didn't find the lack of power too bad. Although the mazda 2 was more fun to drive. Both have 6 airbags so it's tough to decide. The ncap rating is for a 1.5 jazz and got 5, the mazda 2 is from 2015 and got 4.
They are both safe cars at the end of the day, I would take the Mazda if it was my money, it's a much better quality build than the Jazz.

unobeat

Hi,

Mazda 2 (1.5 dynamic auto) 2020 vs Honda Jazz (1.2 comfort auto) 2020. Which is safer?
I love the Mazda 2 as its a well build and solid car.
My sister had an old model (2013) which she drove to 200 000km with minimal issues and it got writtrn off when some driver drove into her. She now bought a Mazda 3

When i was looking for a car last year for the Mrs, i looked at Mazda 2 and 3 but ended up pushing the budget and got a CX-5 as we needed the space plus i will keeping it for many years because they solid, well build and reliable.

If it was my money, i would take the Mazda.

Btw
Have you test drove these cars yet?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Jazz really kicks in at 6000RPM and when you scream VTECCCCC!!!

Synonym

I test drove the Mazda 2 and it is fun to drive. I liked the 1.5 engine and the quality. The Jazz is a lot more spacious for the back passengers though.

There is about a 50-60k difference between that and the Honda Jazz 1.2. For me the main priority is safety and isofix over bootspace. At the moment the Honda Jazz is winning (most cost effective weighing up the options) and I could live with the 1.2. I am also going to look at the Citroen c3.

airborne

Honorary Master
I test drove the Mazda 2 and it is fun to drive. I liked the 1.5 engine and the quality. The Jazz is a lot more spacious for the back passengers though.

There is about a 50-60k difference between that and the Honda Jazz 1.2. For me the main priority is safety and isofix over bootspace. At the moment the Honda Jazz is winning (most cost effective weighing up the options) and I could live with the 1.2. I am also going to look at the Citroen c3.

The Mazda is 50k more expensive?
Don't even waste your time with the Citroen, unless you like living balls to wall when it comes to finances or won't own it outside of warranty.

Synonym

The Mazda is 50k more expensive?
Don't even waste your time with the Citroen, unless you like living balls to wall when it comes to finances or won't own it outside of warranty.

They are both 2020 models, Jazz will have 4 year warranty and 3 year service plan. The Mazda 2 has 2 years warranty and 2 years service plan, it cost more because its done less kilometers and I will extend the warranty. The Citroen has 5 years warranty and 3 years service.

unobeat

If your mind is set on the Jazz then go for it.
I still vote for the Mazda 2.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
They are both 2020 models, Jazz will have 4 year warranty and 3 year service plan. The Mazda 2 has 2 years warranty and 2 years service plan, it cost more because its done less kilometers and I will extend the warranty. The Citroen has 5 years warranty and 3 years service.
Citroens are nice but their resale value is not great. So if you do decide to buy that one, be prepared to drive it for a very long time

Synonym

The C3 was a nice drive but the gearbox is a disaster, it feels awkward to use. Have you heard about the new Jazz Fit coming out soon? It's supposed to have more features as standard, I'm wondering if I could use that knowledge as bargaining chip to negotiate a better price for the 1.2 comfort.

The Mazda 2 doesn't come with android auto/gps as standard, it would annoy me seeing this beautiful screen and not being able to use android auto. The Jazz doesn't have it, but out of sight out of mind.

Sumen

Expert Member
The C3 was a nice drive but the gearbox is a disaster, it feels awkward to use. Have you heard about the new Jazz Fit coming out soon? It's supposed to have more features as standard, I'm wondering if I could use that knowledge as bargaining chip to negotiate a better price for the 1.2 comfort.

The Mazda 2 doesn't come with android auto/gps as standard, it would annoy me seeing this beautiful screen and not being able to use android auto. The Jazz doesn't have it, but out of sight out of mind.
A Mazda dealership can retrofit Android Auto on the Mazda 2, they will even throw it in for free if the car is being sold at the same dealership.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Thanks, what do you think of the suzuki baleno 1.4 glx automatic?
It's not a bad car but I just don't dig the shape, it's a very wide car with very slim tyres at the furthest end of the car, driving behind it it almost looks like the axle will break in the middle like it happens with the overloaded trailers en-route to Zim.

It just doesn't look as composed, probably because it's a car that was made to straddle the cheap entry level market as well as the middle segment of hatchbacks.

Synonym

If a car was manufactured in 2015 but registered in 2020, does this ring alarm bells?