What Is the Real Meaning of Life?

Edwe

Expert Member
Old question, I know, but still not satisfactorily answered, in my opinion. And don't dare say 42.

nGAGEd55

Expert Member
42 :p

just had to, was the first thing that i thought of when i saw the thread title.

once apon a time I had some sort of answer that sort of made sense, will see if i can remember it...

Xarog

Honorary Master
Life means whatever you want it to mean. I think that's what makes life so special - you can choose for yourself what it means to you, and decide for yourself what is important.

Life without that choice would surely be a mere shadow of what it is.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
I am 42, and I a hate to admit it neither do you get the answer at this age either :D
I remember a line from an old movie "The Last Starfighter" , this old janitor gives an anology between life and a rollercoaster ride, with its up and downs, and then says :"When an opportunity arrives, or you get your chance, hold on tight and enjoy the ride!"

Take opportunities to enjoy whatever you can while you can, and at the end of the day, say "i lived a good life".
Rather than be someone who says, "I should have", or "I wish I had"
Give your life meaning, and you will get the meaning.;)

nGAGEd55

Expert Member
I only said that because I didn't want this thread banished to the dark corners of Off Topic before it gained any useful replies ;)
sorry man, didn't mean to spoil your thread. :eek:

I hoped it would be treated seriously here, as opposed to in the Off Topic section, where I expected to get a lot of "42"-type replies.
yeah but life isn't always serious, now is it? :rolleyes:

I think i said it somewhere in the TK a long time ago, but like Xarog said, life is what you make it.

There is no reality only perception... damn, will have to hunt that post down, sorta struggling to be all meaningful ATM :p

Edwe

Expert Member
nGAGEd55 said:
I think i said it somewhere in the TK a long time ago, but like Xarog said, life is what you make it.

There is no reality only perception...
Are you sure that's not from The Matrix? :D

Debbie

Banned
What is the real meaning of life?
What do you mean by this? :D

What do you mean by 'life'? Do you mean human life? Or all life? Are inanimate things also life? By 'life' do you include the rest of the multiverse as well?

The Cosmos

Executive Member
I guess you have to start defining life first, according to the Scriptures, then you will find your answer.

Natas

Expert Member
THe formation of Earth and the coming into existence was a statistical and mathematical cerainty. In teh infinite expanse of time it is impossible that the earth and we humans would not have come into existence. We are coplex organisms which have evolved over millions of years. We get born, live a while and then we die. When we die, thats the end, there is no everlasting soul that goes to some place in the sly where teh Mojitos are free. Thats it. LIfe is therefore without any meaning...except what you from the time you are born till you die....IE life is what you do while you wait to die. You can sit in church every Sunday and pray for the strength to deny yourself the worldy pleassures that you are supposedly goig to enjoy in a non-existent afterlife...or...you can live your life to the fullest so that when you have grandkids you have plenty of stories to tell them..I have plenty..

(DmZ)Wrecky

Expert Member
To each his own.

The meaning of life will be different for everyone. Not just will it be different for every individual, but it will change for every individual all the way to the end.

The question should then be..

What is the meaning of life for you right here right now. The answer will be different tomorrow, for everyone.

This could become a lengthy discussion.

Ultimate happiness would be to know the meaning for your life now, and living it.

In the beginning, just when you start to ponder on this…….

Not everything that makes you happy is good, just like not all good things do not make you happy.

By the time you have figured out how to do the right thing (in your own mind) and be happy, sometimes everything, but always something changes and you have to adjust.

So the meaning of life is..

Being happy and right at the same time, every time.