What is the weirdest item you have found in food?

46Female

Expert Member
I got a hamburger to take away and when I started eating I found this big white thing in it.
I don't know if it was cartilage or bone.
the Burger was R155 to take away

Polymathic

Honorary Master
A couple of years ago I bit into a stone which was somehow in a beans bunny. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything worse than that but I did have a friend who bought a sandwich and after he bit into it he found maggots inside

GreatWmR

Expert Member
I found some fly larvae in takeaway chicken from a local restaurant, never ate there again since
And a waitress at a spur once accidentally gave me a salt shaker filled with sugar

Creag

The Boar's Rock
We found a growing baby butternut inside a butternut’s belly. Planted it in hope it will grow. You never know.

B-1

Expert Member
Plenty of stuff over the years. Finger part of a latex glove in a pie.(I refuse to entertain that it was more than that). Meal worms after finishing most of a packet of mini cheddars. All sort of hair, machine parts, bugs and roaches.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Had oats porridge the other day. Put cornflakes in it. Was eating when I found a moth in it. Fished the critter out and finished meal. No point wasting. Didn’t think there was any harm. I mean, my cat loves snacking on moths. He seems quite ok with life.

cguy

Executive Member
I found some fly larvae in takeaway chicken from a local restaurant, never ate there again since
And a waitress at a spur once accidentally gave me a salt shaker filled with sugar
I once saw the cleaning staff at a Spur put food that had fallen on the floor back into the salad bar.