What is the worst tech company you have dealt with?

rpm

Admin
Staff member
What is the worst tech or telecoms company you have dealt with in South Africa? What did they do which made you dislike them?

genetic

Honorary Master
Telkom.

Their call center staff are nothing short of incompetent. Took 4 months to upgrade my 20Mbps line o a 40Mbps. Eventually left them because of this and moved over to Cool Ideas.

Telkom would be a much better company, if they could sort their call center staff out...

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Without a doubt, Telkom. Had to wade through waves of useless drones before eventually speaking to someone knowledgeable, who turned out to be arrogant, condescending and rude.

Knowledge without pedagogy is useless, and true pedagogy isn't ever without tolerance, humour and politeness.

Kryptonite

Telkom............they take the cake with all insurance companies a close 2nd.

lowriderza

It's a toss up between Sahara who I worked for and needs no explaining and Esquire. So since Esquire is still around I'll pick them. Long story short they refunded a credit with a cheque and when I queried their policy with regards to applicable laws their answer was: "Well by the time the law steps in your cheque would have clear so deal with it". I love telling everybody that story whenever their name gets mentioned.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Afrihost - they happily take your money for services they know they cannot provide, arrogant and unethical.
Sorry you feel that way - I know you've mentioned in a few threads that you feel hard done by us.

I definitely take your feedback seriously. If there is ever an opportunity to change how you feel about us and win back your trust, I'd just like you to know I'd be very happy to do whatever I can.

All the best :)

Reactions: Shi

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
There isn't really one winner for this type of question as the majority of companies just provide an overall, crap, overpriced and all round generally poor experience.
Telkom
MTN
Vodacom
Cell C
<insert name of ISP>

konfab

Honorary Master
Telkom's ADSL division.
Scumbags started debiting my account without me even having a line installed. I had to go through the cancellation process for a line that was never installed :mad::mad:.

Their mobile division, who I am with now, is a different kettle of fish. They are only as bad as the other mobile providers :p.