What is your Credit score

lholhos

I like my credit record clean and healthy, so from time to time I check my credit history and score. With Transunion and Experian i forgot my logging details, so I ended using Credit4life(XDS) to check my credit....I scored 871 which i believe is pretty good! Whats your Score? XDS is not so safe as I can check people credit record armed with ID no and cellphone number(people that I know or close tome).

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Dont you have to pay to register with them?
If I recall correctly every check has an implication on your credit rating too.

lholhos

Dont you have to pay to register with them?
If I recall correctly every check has an implication on your credit rating too.
No I didn't pay...Checking my credit will affect my score,That cant be right...i will see if i can get more info on this!

its a myth...it doesn't lower it

Last edited:

semaphore

Honorary Master
No I didn't pay...Checking my credit will affect my score,That cant be right...i will see if i can get more info on this!

its a myth...it doesn't lower it
I would love to know who told you its a myth;) i work in the credit industry

borga

I would love to know who told you its a myth;) i work in the credit industry
I don't think checking your own score would affect it (for your yearly free credit report), however having another credit provider checking it will affect it, especially if a few of them check it in a short period of time (for ex you go to multiple banks to find out what home/car loan they will offer you.)

lholhos

Hate to break it to you, if you use something like compuscan and have various codix rules setup. It will be a negative mark against your name.

You are entitled to ONE free enquiry a year which does not count against your name, anymore after that will.

Tell us more man...So if i use Trans or Experian, i'm safe?

How does the enquiry work? loggin to trans and check my info(credit every month) is that an enquiry then?

From Transunion Website
SMS/Email alerts when anything critical changes on your credit report.
Unlimited online access 24/7 to your easy to read TransUnion Credit Report.
Alerts include enquiries done on you, as well as listings against you such as a judgment or default.
Alerts may show possible irregular use of your information, which can indicate that your personal information is being used fraudulently to access credit.
For the once off fee, you will know when critical changes are made to your credit report for one year (365 days).