What is your Credit score

JayM

Expert Member
Other than my credit card/cheque account with FNB, I don't have any credit at all. A few years ago I had more accounts (Telkom, Autopage etc) and a bond. Now I'm renting, car bought cash, on prepaid and work pays for my Internet access. FNB is reporting to the credit bureaus so hopefully that'll be enough to keep my score in the green.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Other than my credit card/cheque account with FNB, I don't have any credit at all. A few years ago I had more accounts (Telkom, Autopage etc) and a bond. Now I'm renting, car bought cash, on prepaid and work pays for my Internet access. FNB is reporting to the credit bureaus so hopefully that'll be enough to keep my score in the green.
Explains it, one needs about 9 accounts to be a a great position. Remember, not all accounts are credit.

JayM

Expert Member
Explains it, one needs about 9 accounts to be a a great position. Remember, not all accounts are credit.
Was hoping not to need access to credit again, but I may be relocating overseas and having a good credit history in SA would probably help (getting credit over there).

Last edited:

Pakka

Expert Member
PVW 2017 05 03.JPG

Just drew my first Experian report - its not very detailed. Does anyone have any more info on how the breakdown works?

EDIT: I will draw a report from each of the other agencies later throughout the year

supersunbird

Honorary Master
View attachment 433896

Just drew my first Experian report - its not very detailed. Does anyone have any more info on how the breakdown works?

EDIT: I will draw a report from each of the other agencies later throughout the year
What do you mean? Your report will list all your account and stuff and show you have no judgments and such, that all the details the others will give you (some might include property ownership details and such).

Pakka

Expert Member
What do you mean? Your report will list all your account and stuff and show you have no judgments and such, that all the details the others will give you (some might include property ownership details and such).
Was hoping to find info about the points (out of 800 or 1000) for each of those sections

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
No idea but applied for 80k limit on card today and that got approved so must be doing something right

Cius

Executive Member
Site I went to had 5 levels and I was the highest. Not that it matters much to me, I don't like debt much and don't do it other than for my house.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
*shudders* I didn't just hear that. OMG and to think I'm really upset about my R30K on my credit card.
Why would you be upset? R30k should be plenty for most people.

I was offered about R80k as well recently and chose to actually drop it to R25k. I only use my CC for monthly expenses for eBucks, and pay it off at the end of the month...

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Why would you be upset? R30k should be plenty for most people.

I was offered about R80k as well recently and chose to actually drop it to R25k. I only use my CC for monthly expenses for eBucks, and pay it off at the end of the month...
No Mike that's what I meant - I'm all focused on paying off all my debt, so the thought of having R80K on my credit card gives me cold sweats.