What is your Credit score

supersunbird

Honorary Master
How to do you get a new/updated report? If I go to free report it wants me to register a new account whilst I'm signed in lol. The site cannot be more user hostile.

You have to phone the call centre on 011 645 9100, do a few security checks and then they will e-mail it to you. Only the first online report is free and online.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I noticed that Outsurance made an inquiry before they adjusted my premiums.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So I got this SMS today (@backstreetboy will not be happy):

TymeBank: We're saying goodbye to TymeCoach on 24 July, but you'll soon be able to get even better financial insights right inside your TymeBank app! FSP49149

So guess this is my last score from TymeCoach:

1595528140615.png

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Got the same sms :( hopefully they add it to the banking app and keep the free sms notifications.

I assume that they'll add to the Tyme banking app. That's where Capitec and African Bank let their clients check their credit scores.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Got the TymeCoach message yesterday, not happy about it as it allowed me to check if there were accounts open in my name.

FNB one is garbage:
1595572225258.png
(Credit trend is because <24 months history, only got a credit card beginning of this year to start building history, no accounts before that, that also means proven track record doesn't work as also older than 24 months, and it seems I have a short transactional history even though I've been with FNB for ~8 years now).

Last edited:

alphabyte

Tyme Bank? Oh, that's the one that after all this time STILL does not have a banking app for iOS, despite promising it for goodness knows how long. :mad: (although the TymeCoach is available on iOS)

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Tyme Bank? Oh, that's the one that after all this time STILL does not have a banking app for iOS, despite promising it for goodness knows how long. :mad: (although the TymeCoach is available on iOS)

It's coming SOON (TM)

It's quite funny that TymeCoach is available on iOS but not the actual banking app.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
1595575098070.png
Someone must be asking about it every day. :p

Reactions: 3WA

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Just use the web browser. Their web app scales beautifully.

alphabyte

Just use the web browser.
Pray, do tell: if the browser is just as convenient, why do all the other banks even bother with an app?
And the fact that they do have an Android app means that the logic is all sorted out...