Expert Member
Most 1TB

a52cf29f01e6264510ee34f784cf9769.jpg

Last month - 903.4 GB

81f6f7166ab914d2488682977d3e5abb.jpg

So far 160 GB this month..

Reactions: Yuu

Mvu

For the month of June I used 9TB according to Afrihost. What can I say, Cape Town was cold which meant more streaming...

MEG101

According to Afrihost my usage on 40mbps PureDSL was 7.45TB for July, that said we really used the internet al lot since kids was at home and their friends came over and we had lots of downloads on Xbox game downloads and updates and tablets and phones. Netflix and DSTV streaming as well - everyone "abusing" the WiFi... Current usage for August so far is 4.2TB - so 7TB is looking at the average monthly usage in my "data hungry" home.

Kung Fu Porkchop

Expert Member
According to Afrihost my usage on 40mbps PureDSL was 7.45TB for July, that said we really used the internet al lot since kids was at home and their friends came over and we had lots of downloads on Xbox game downloads and updates and tablets and phones. Netflix and DSTV streaming as well - everyone "abusing" the WiFi... Current usage for August so far is 4.2TB - so 7TB is looking at the average monthly usage in my "data hungry" home.
That's a LOT of data for a 40mbps line.

rejodasi

We've somehow consistently managed to hit around 500GB each year since about 2014 in our household. With some months as exceptions. Currently telkom and axxess.

nukeman5000

With a gaming console it's easy to hit 2TB a month playing only on weekends. My average monthly usage is 1.5TB on a 50Mbps line.

VettieOriginal

Was checking my usage as well i saw that i hab like a 70% usage increase during hard lockdown man the ISP did an amazing JOB keeping us all connected

(I know its random but it is Friday afternoon and still at work lol)

Vorastra

Executive Member
That'd mean your line was downloading roughly at max speed for over roughly half of the month.

How tf...

MEG101

That'd mean your line was downloading roughly at max speed for over roughly half of the month.

How tf...
Yes, the line is used a lot with mainly Netflix streaming at 4K and Youtube adapting to line speed (HD) and that said can roughly chew up 3GB+ per hour. We do mostly phone and Xbox updates and downloads through the night and have extra downloads done in that time as needed. Working form home also accounts towards usage with +- 10 devices connected to the router at any given time. Fiber is being laid in the complex and when this goes live - we will move to 100/100 fiber. The 40mbps PureDSL works beautifully as is, usage currently at 2.5TB, but we sometimes see that streaming quality on some devices gets bad- looks like more bandwidth is needed - so upgrading to fiber is the better choice - Usage will probably see 10TB+ per month.

Kung Fu Porkchop

Expert Member
I've had my 75MB fibre line just over 5 weeks now and I'm standing on 629GB total. I thought I'd use a lot more as this was around my average usage on the 20MB VDSL line I had.

MEG101

I have my fiber line (100/100) for just over 2 weeks now and we are already standing at 5.2TB - this is according to the network usage on the PC used for streaming and downloading. I am not even counting the cellphone, XBOX downloads and uploads or tablet usage. Netflix instantly start streaming in HD and 4K with no buffering, Youtube streams in HD and without any buffering - that is all the devices connected - streaming and downloading and none of them are affecting another users bandwidth - no buffering on this line - it feels like heaven - huge difference from the 40mbps PureDSL that I had. I think we will probably see 10TB+ usage per month as my line is completely uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled. We have the option to move to 200/200 if needed - at this stage 100/100 is more than enough - we are a very happy bandwidth hungry family!!

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I have my fiber line (100/100) for just over 2 weeks now and we are already standing at 5.2TB - this is according to the network usage on the PC used for streaming and downloading. I am not even counting the cellphone, XBOX downloads and uploads or tablet usage. Netflix instantly start streaming in HD and 4K with no buffering, Youtube streams in HD and without any buffering - that is all the devices connected - streaming and downloading and none of them are affecting another users bandwidth - no buffering on this line - it feels like heaven - huge difference from the 40mbps PureDSL that I had. I think we will probably see 10TB+ usage per month as my line is completely uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled. We have the option to move to 200/200 if needed - at this stage 100/100 is more than enough - we are a very happy bandwidth hungry family!!
You can check in clientzone.

stefan9

Executive Member
6.04 TB on 200/200 Cool Ideas account.
High this month as did a win 11 clean install and reinstalled all my gog & steam games.

MEG101

6.04 TB on 200/200 Cool Ideas account.
High this month as did a win 11 clean install and reinstalled all my gog & steam games
On 200/200 line you can easily rank up a usage of 20TB+ just streaming and downloading and updating your steam games. If you add Netflix or Youtube streaming, the data usage can even be more. You have a line that can easily handle simultaneous 4k or even 8k streams and you hardly even touch your line's full potential.