What is your view on UFOs?

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I just clean my camera lense, photoshop the bug out.

Lets be honest if a real UFO lands on planet earth it will dwarf all news for 6 months, if it was created with dark money, there will be no news.
UFO's visit Americans, mostly south around Texas.
no TV News coverage there :ROFL:

access

Executive Member
not sure, cant ever identify anything.

surely there is more out there. would we even recognise it if we see it though

Brent Thought

One of the biggest disappointments in my life is to never be able to travel to other planets to see new worlds.... I wish some form of extraterrestrial lifeform would make contact with us, maybe not in the apocolyptical way, more in the way of technological advancement other than what humans have already either acquired from crashed UFOs etc. Even offer ways to help people understand better means of preventing humans from eventually destroying this planet... but most importantly for us to be able to travel the stars

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
One of the biggest disappointments in my life is to never be able to travel to other planets to see new worlds.... I wish some form of extraterrestrial lifeform would make contact with us, maybe not in the apocolyptical way, more in the way of technological advancement other than what humans have already either acquired from crashed UFOs etc. Even offer ways to help people understand better means of preventing humans from eventually destroying this planet... but most importantly for us to be able to travel the stars
Just had an interesting thought. If we are being watched, something that would make them reveal themselves is most likely an all-out nuclear war as that would destroy most life on earth and make it uninhabitable. So we just need USA, Russia and North Korea to wreck some country to test the theory.

Sensorei

Executive Member
The closest you'll get is doing DMT. No jokes. Watch DMT: The Spirit Molecule.

Brent Thought

Just had an interesting thought. If we are being watched, something that would make them reveal themselves is most likely an all-out nuclear war as that would destroy most life on earth and make it uninhabitable. So we just need USA, Russia and North Korea to wreck some country to test the theory.
Hehehehe

Brent Thought

The closest you'll get is doing DMT. No jokes. Watch DMT: The Spirit Molecule.
LOL I didn't my fare share a long time ago, however not DMT, had some Peyote.... lol was djing at an outdoor party and other than getting completely distracted my the stars that kept dropping onto the cdjs felt like I had the universe at my fingertips at one point the eq on the mixer made me think of a rocket about to launch got so distracted the track ended...forgot to mix the tune.. needless to say was an awesome experience but once was enough lol... interesting conversation I had the following morning watching a snail slide across half a road for like 4 hrs...hahahahahahahaha

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
My view of UFOs is usually from underneath. Just for once I'd love to see the top of one.

Marcell1992

The likelihood of other lifeforms existing in the universe is there. But considering the universe formed a set amount of time ago, my theory is that if any life exists aside from planet earth, they would be in the same stage of development as us as they've gone through the same amount of time of evolution as us, in other words, they only went to space in the last 100 years or so. So it will probably be another 1000 years or so before we encounter other lifeforms once we reach beyond the speed of light or develop instruments that could detect life on other planets.

Marcell1992

Technological advances are generally incremental. We wouldn't suddenly develop the ability to go light speed without having some safety measures to protect against the things you talk of. Well I'd hope anyway... because I'm now thinking of some avoidable space disasters that have happened, like the Columbia, and also some of the issues man had just learning to fly in the first place lol.
I don't think we're developing at incremental speeds, but exponential. For example, our top speed at the start of the 20th century was, I'd say 30km/h? 100 years later, our top speed is roughly 69 000kmh. And they're developing the solar sails that could travel 20% the speed of light. That's an exponential jump in speeds.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
The likelihood of other lifeforms existing in the universe is there. But considering the universe formed a set amount of time ago, my theory is that if any life exists aside from planet earth, they would be in the same stage of development as us as they've gone through the same amount of time of evolution as us, in other words, they only went to space in the last 100 years or so. So it will probably be another 1000 years or so before we encounter other lifeforms once we reach beyond the speed of light or develop instruments that could detect life on other planets.

The timescales for other solar systems can be vastly different from ours. Ours is estimated to be around 4 billion to 5 billion years old when a star much larger than the sun exploded and the resulting matter coalesced into the sun and planets. With the universe estimated to be around 13 billion years old, there are most likely millions of other systems that are billions of years older than ours.

All it takes to form a solar system is for a larger star to go supernova and explode and this has been happening constantly since stars started forming in the early universe.

Marcell1992

The timescales for other solar systems can be vastly different from ours. Ours is estimated to be around 4 billion to 5 billion years old when a star much larger than the sun exploded and the resulting matter coalesced into the sun and planets. With the universe estimated to be around 13 billion years old, there are most likely millions of other systems that are billions of years older than ours.

All it takes to form a solar system is for a larger star to go supernova and explode and this has been happening constantly since stars started forming in the early universe.
I know all that, but if you look at the drake equation, and add gravity to the equation, I don't think life really formed prior to us due to the possibility of it. The drake equation estimates a minimum of 20 civilizations in the universe without gravity taken into the equation. That number imo would be reduced to 5 if gravity was taken into account.