What its like flying from South Africa during level 1 lockdown

mylesillidge

Journalist
Flying during lockdown level 1 — What to expect

Flying in South Africa during lockdown Alert Level 1 is almost the same as flying under normal circumstances, recent experiences of two MyBroadband employees showed.

Air travel in South Africa has picked up in recent weeks, with many airlines resuming domestic and international flights.

epah

Expert Member
Flying in South Africa during lockdown Alert Level 1 - its exactly like any other day. Staff writer its friday, go home and braai.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
No changes can attest. Have been flying every two weeks since May. Same **** different day. Didn't get COVID which I thought was inevitable given close proximity to people in planes and being shoved onto busses with ZERO social distancing. Maybe it was the social distancing on the chairs at the terminals that saved me.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Is the covid test required on SA's side when or the destination's requirement?

eg: Georgia (the country) allows vaccinated travellers with no need for a covid test.

Mirai

Expert Member
Sanitising gloved hands seems a bit much?

View attachment 1172856

Not at all.

You obviously want to prevent people spreading the infection by touch. So touching himself or other surfaces and then sanitizing and then handling other objects or surfaces will reduce the spread.

The gloves are great for those with sensitive skin and that's the only reason I would wear them.

azbob

Honorary Master
1) What’s he doing in Botswana?
2) Who travels without a pen? Was it his first ever flight?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Flying hasn’t changed since Covid began, lockdown or no lockdown and no matter what level we were on.

I flew on expatriate flights last year to Europe and back when the borders were otherwise closed, and last week I flew CPT to JHB and it was exactly the same, we were still crammed in with no spare seats.

Even when I got out of 2 weeks government enforced quarantine in Johannesburg a year ago last August, I got on a plane to CPT and it was packed full.