Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mask tied around the head

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Mask looped over the ears

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

RVQ

Expert Member
I use my hiking buff that's suited for keeping dust and wind out of my face. Its light, breathable and its always with me around my neck so I never forget it. It's probably offering minimal to no protection but I'm still not sure about the mask pitch, Czech went all out and still ended for the worse. I wear mine for everyone else including strangers, to ease their fears because even though I'm probably failing at it, I still try not to be a dick in this life.

ronald911

Expert Member
Asia wears masks for the pollution. Yip it gets really bad there.

Korean kpop use it for when they travel without makeup.

Japanese wear it same due to pollution but also to prevent infecting others if sick. You will see kids with masks and fever patches on their forehead if theyre sick. Its quite caring to others.

Ive had to say my kids havent been sick once this year due to wearing masks.

Same. Got a 3M N95 mast I bought in Korea few years ago because of pollution and another one I bought in Bangkok, same reason... little did I know I'd wear it in SA a few years later because of a bloody virus.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Mask my a$$ .... These are all chin warmers, but we in Summer now, so don't see the point in keeping the chin warm anymore :X3:

Athos

We just got told that valves and buffs are now banned at work.

triple layer cloth or medical masks only.
I think we work for the same organisation :ROFL: , we were told the exact same thing.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Not really. Over 30k people affected, they wouldn't do this on a whim, without some kind of scientific backing.
There was a scientific study and paper that was published at the beginning of this month where the study was actually testing the efficacy of the different types of masks with regards to vapour spread from talking and communication between people

They may have based it on that study. The study showed that buffs were practically useless, I can't recall it saying anything about the valve masks though

maumau

Honorary Master
Yeah where else are they supposed to go?
I think my buff or bandana gets washed at the end of the week.

Not a fabulous subject, but hey ...

My grandmother was an avid gardener and used a fertilizer called "blood and bone". I'm a huge fan of grizly horror stories and many of them tell of trees/shrubs flourishing when planted on top of a dead body o_O, great nutrition being supplied by the decomposing corpse.

Who knows, there might be a fortune to be made.

P.S. can you imagine marketing something called "blood and bone" these days :eek:

Lupus

Honorary Master

My grandmother was an avid gardener and used a fertilizer called "blood and bone". I'm a huge fan of grizly horror stories and many of them tell of trees/shrubs flourishing when planted on top of a dead body o_O, great nutrition being supplied by the decomposing corpse.

P.S. can you imagine marketing something called "blood and bone" these days :eek:
The food in the Victorian times was grown thanks to the corpses of the battles.

saor

Honorary Master

Blood and bone meal is still available as a fertiliser at nurseries. Also some gardening videos of people who bury any dead animals in their veg gardens so not a lost art yet.

maumau

Honorary Master
The food in the Victorian times was grown thanks to the corpses of the battles.

Blood and bone meal is still available as a fertiliser at nurseries. Also some gardening videos of people who bury any dead animals in their veg gardens so not a lost art yet.

We really need one of these :sick: as a quick option.

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Asia wears masks for the pollution. Yip it gets really bad there.

Korean kpop use it for when they travel without makeup.

Japanese wear it same due to pollution but also to prevent infecting others if sick. You will see kids with masks and fever patches on their forehead if theyre sick. Its quite caring to others.

Ive had to say my kids havent been sick once this year due to wearing masks.

Well, that and the fact that the average human is now washing their hands 300% more than before.

By the end of this, the masks can go, but I hope the hygiene aspect stays.

Matsedima123

I hate masks.It goes in to my eyes with some smell.iIf it was not because I get chased away from shops I would not wear one.I also hate coronavirus