What Legal IPTV service is best? [No Illegal Services Allowed]

dazzazzad

Expert Member
Asking for a...friend. Would Mobdro work off a Samsung Smart TV? Or only off an Android device?

enerdude

Expert Member
Damn, and I suppose any of those sets will cost a penny. And I guess installing it on an iPad is a no go as well (have a Chromecast).
No some hisense models have android and they are very affordable. No it won't run on IOS either.

Thestealth

Expert Member
Used Global IPTV for about 3 months on my LG smart tv. With all the buffering I don't feel it's worth the subs. Perhaps it's better suited to countries where there is better overseas connectivity.

Indie

Used Global IPTV for about 3 months on my LG smart tv. With all the buffering I don't feel it's worth the subs. Perhaps it's better suited to countries where there is better overseas connectivity.
Had quite the opposite experience; have had no buffering and if there were issues, it would normally be with channels going down. I have a 50/5 so not sure if it's your net?

Dreamcatcher12

Been using a service called Big Media for the past 2 years or so. Been happy with it, had some teething issues with the set up but once it was running it was good. Buffering in start (3sec) when playing a channel but I think it's the TV box cache'ing the data to play. I usually go with the 3 month plan for less than R300 and I get to watch all channels including SuperSport (Im a rugby and euro soccer fan) If a game isnt on SuperSport I just switch to Sky doesnt both and they have VOD content

Thestealth

Expert Member
Had quite the opposite experience; have had no buffering and if there were issues, it would normally be with channels going down. I have a 50/5 so not sure if it's your net?
Experienced the buffering with our 50/50 and 100/100 (free upgrade) speeds. The support guys confirmed that the issue relates to them not having local servers but I think it's also smart tv app related. The IP smarters and IPTV app on the LG store doesn't look like its being maintained all the time. That said, I paid Global a monthly sub and expected a better experience. It sounds like you've had a much better experience.

stehamo

Experienced the buffering with our 50/50 and 100/100 (free upgrade) speeds. The support guys confirmed that the issue relates to them not having local servers but I think it's also smart tv app related. The IP smarters and IPTV app on the LG store doesn't look like its being maintained all the time. That said, I paid Global a monthly sub and expected a better experience. It sounds like you've had a much better experience.
IPTV on smart tv will always be rubbish, the apps are half baked. The devs don't update them and they don't support catchup and most importantly they don't support vpns which mitigate local latency issues to overseas servers.

If you are on a budget buy the mi box s or mi box 4k. You can then install Tivimate.

If you have the cash buy a formuler z8 and it will give you an user interface than a dstv explora.

Dreamcatcher12

IPTV on smart tv will always be rubbish, the apps are half baked. The devs don't update them and they don't support catchup and most importantly they don't support vpns which mitigate local latency issues to overseas servers.

If you are on a budget buy the mi box s or mi box 4k. You can then install Tivimate.

If you have the cash buy a formuler z8 and it will give you an user interface than a dstv explora.
I would rather get a Shield instead of a formuler (might be my bias towards Google TV) but def get a Mi box, only downside of it is that it doesnt support a network cable, Wifi only. With regards to the app I would suggest Smarters or XCIPTV

Last edited:

giloo777

All my buffering issues from "Reputable" IPTV have gone away since I ran the service behind a VPN on my MiBox. Most VPN's do have a free trial period so maybe try it out to see if it works...if you run your service directly on your TV then it might be a bit difficult to get it setup.

I generally connect to German servers. I have a NordVPN account (3 year account for R150 of Carbonite)

Veroland

Executive Member
I am on sastreams and the buffereing is horrible. I am also on a 100mbit line. Is there better alternatives out there?

I mostly use it for sport.

stehamo

I am on sastreams and the buffereing is horrible. I am also on a 100mbit line. Is there better alternatives out there?

VPN improves buffering by miles. Not a single provider has local servers in ZA.

That said, there are much better options but they are invariably more expensive

Dreamcatcher12

Yip - Im using BigMedia after i tried SAStreams. there cheaper and no VPN needed. unfortunalty they only have a Telegram to connect with them. You can message them/guy at @BigmediaIPTV.

They got alot of sports and also SuperSports

Dreamcatcher12

VPN improves buffering by miles. Not a single provider has local servers in ZA.

That said, there are much better options but they are invariably more expensive
if the cost of the service is more than SAStreams but less than both SAStreams and a VPN then rather pay the R30 more

enerdude

Expert Member

I have been with hydrohosting for more than 2 years and rarely get buffering. Never had to use a vpn / proxy. They also provide a proxy should you need it to alleviate buffering issues. I am with vox on a 50/5 fibre.
Works out to about R250 p/m or R190 p/m if you pay quarterly.

Last edited:

Veroland

Executive Member
I have been with hydrohosting for more than 2 years and rarely get buffering. Never had to use a vpn / proxy. They also provide a proxy should you need it to alleviate buffering issues. I am with vox on a 50/5 fibre.
Is it hydrohosting.org?

Dreamcatcher12

Same price as the one I'm with