What Legal IPTV service is best? [No Illegal Services Allowed]

enerdude

Expert Member
Yeah one way of disguising an illegal app lol. If you don't have the correct 6 digit code you cannot see the content. Content scraped from web similar to apps like cinema hd, cyberflix etc.

my family cinema has a similar trick as you will find their app on playstore too but it has no content. After downloading it you need to add a "content zip file" which enables all the content. Theirs is a paid service of about R60 p/m although you get premium servers and little to no buffering unlike strix / cinemahd / cyberflix etc.

PseudZ

Expert Member
I've had an IPTV service for nearly 3 months now and it has always worked perfectly from my side on my shaped 20Mbps Afrihost ADSL line. The provider has had its hiccups now and then as is the case with IPTV but I have never had crazy buffering and could easily leave it on for an afternoon or evening of sport.

A few days ago I got fibre, Vox/Vumatel 50/5 and during the day it seems to work okay but during the evening it is not usable at all, doesn't even load. I see others have mentioned Vox issues between 5 and 10pm, is it just Vox or all providers? Isn't this a form of shaping/throttling which they claim they don't do? I find it strange that my shaped ADSL line is out performing my unshaped fibre line.

enerdude

Expert Member
I've had an IPTV service for nearly 3 months now and it has always worked perfectly from my side on my shaped 20Mbps Afrihost ADSL line. The provider has had its hiccups now and then as is the case with IPTV but I have never had crazy buffering and could easily leave it on for an afternoon or evening of sport.

A few days ago I got fibre, Vox/Vumatel 50/5 and during the day it seems to work okay but during the evening it is not usable at all, doesn't even load. I see others have mentioned Vox issues between 5 and 10pm, is it just Vox or all providers? Isn't this a form of shaping/throttling which they claim they don't do? I find it strange that my shaped ADSL line is out performing my unshaped fibre line.
Most ISPs (independant of broadband technology like ADSL / Fibre etc) do shaping during peak time daily (19:00 - 23:00). I also have a 50/5 fibre with vox and last 6 months had no issues with my IPTV provider. Before that I used a shadowsocks proxy provided by my IPTV provider that alleviated the shaping / throttling as it cannot be packet inspected by ISPs. Even vpns is not always a solution as your ISP can see when you using one and still throttle you.

It also seems some ISPs throttle more in certain parts of the country that other, not sure what the reason would be if it is infrastructure related or other reasons - this was comfirmed by support of my iptv provider that they get more queries from certain areas / certain ISPs

cenredash

Expert Member
Most ISPs (independant of broadband technology like ADSL / Fibre etc) do shaping during peak time daily (19:00 - 23:00). I also have a 50/5 fibre with vox and last 6 months had no issues with my IPTV provider. Before that I used a shadowsocks proxy provided by my IPTV provider that alleviated the shaping / throttling as it cannot be packet inspected by ISPs. Even vpns is not always a solution as your ISP can see when you using one and still throttle you.

It also seems some ISPs throttle more in certain parts of the country that other, not sure what the reason would be if it is infrastructure related or other reasons - this was comfirmed by support of my iptv provider that they get more queries from certain areas / certain ISPs
I've had really good service from my iptv provider since last Black Friday, but been getting buffering since early august, mostly during the evening. Usually do find a channel for the football match i'm trying to watch, even if it is HD rather than FHD stream.

So, since early August I got the NordVPN thing as recommended, but doesn't really help with the buffering. I'm a tinkerer so also have another IPTV service that I'm trying. That one now works better than the one I used to have, in terms of the buffering. Between the two i have about 98% no buffering if i'm willing to look for a channel/stream between the two.

not sure what shadowproxy is, but will probably try it at some point. How much does it cost?

PseudZ

Expert Member
Most ISPs (independant of broadband technology like ADSL / Fibre etc) do shaping during peak time daily (19:00 - 23:00).
This is what I have an issue with. Vox state their product is unshaped but clearly shaping is happening between busier periods. 8am my IPTV service runs flawlessly on Vox, 8pm it does not. Change over to my ADSL account and it works flawlessly again.

From Vox's website: '“Unshaped” means that Vox does not prioritise or differentiate between different classes of traffic'

I have brought this up with them, just waiting on feedback but I am assuming it will just be the usual "best effort" excuse.

I am in Cape Town if anyone else has similar issues in the Western Cape region.

Veroland

Executive Member
I must say since I switched to a new provider (not allowed to mention name) my buffering has been minimal to non existant.

I also think my ISP Initio360 with MetroFibre as the provider makes a big difference.

Christo4

Write bac
I must say since I switched to a new provider (not allowed to mention name) my buffering has been minimal to non existant.
I also think my ISP Initio360 with MetroFibre as the provider makes a big difference.
Write it backwards like: vtpi labolg. o_O

giloo777

My IPTV provider just got arrested in the UK. Hit the gamble on a 1 year sub (still had 7 months left). Think Im gonna lay low and survive with my DSTV now app for the time being

enerdude

Expert Member
My IPTV provider just got arrested in the UK. Hit the gamble on a 1 year sub (still had 7 months left). Think Im gonna lay low and survive with my DSTV now app for the time being
Said so earlier in the thread and always advise people not to buy more than a quarterly subscription as it is a nice balance between risk and savings you get for buying longer than a month.

bwana

MyBroadband
There's a thread for Legal IPTV services here somewhere, perhaps give one of those a shot.

Oh, wait...

giloo777

Said so earlier in the thread and always advise people not to buy more than a quarterly subscription as it is a nice balance between risk and savings you get for buying longer than a month.
Yeah I'm an idiot. I was on (the same providers) monthly subs for quite some time though and during one of the specials another 4.5 months was equivalent to a year. So in essence I didn't lose out on that much.

Christo4

I can fix you for a week or so. I received a freebie from someone. PM if interested.