What makes a liberal want to punch a child?

Alan

Honorary Master
Strange how history has been warped with the reps associated with slavery and racism while it was actually the doing of the dems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_Democratic_Party
The democrats are still the party of division. It's just who's on the end of discriminatory laws that has changed. Instead of jim crow laws you ever more aggressive affirmative action. If the SJW 'rising stars" of the party have their way you'll have segregated safes spaces and reparation taxes....

In the 30s if you mingled with top democrats chances are you'd bump into a klan member amoungst all those progressive new dealers. Now if you mingled with top democrats chances are you'll bump in Luis Farrakhan a man who preaches whites are unevolved subhumans who deserve to die.

It was ironic that during first few years of Obama's presidency the third in line to the presidency was a former member of the KKK who also happened to be Hilary Clinton's mentor.

Last edited:

Emjay

Executive Member
The kid that said it is not even from the school. Just imagine having your kids doing something stupid caught in a video and then getting national attention. It's unbelievable how these kids are the centre of so much when the instigators are not held to account. We expect teenagers to act better than the adults around them now?

I am utterly convinced that the bigotry of low expectations is at fault here. We expect those other parties to act in that manner, hence why there is not a national outcry around their own racism.

But, some more fun from Twitter:

1548318579473.png

The journalists are now the victims in all this.

1548318605670.png

Let's compare these MAGA kids to a mass murderer.

And there was someone saying that a mass shooting at this school would be acceptable. Can't find the post now, sadly. How people can fast and loose with their morals like this is the reason why we are in this situation. The means justifies the ends.

Emjay

Executive Member
In the 30s if you mingled with top democrats chances are you'd bump into a klan member amoungst all those progressive new dealers. Now if you mingled with top democrats chances are you'll bump in Luis Farrakhan a man who preaches whites are unevolved subhumans who deserve to die.
And that man still graces Democratic events and even dances with Congresswomen. Boggles the mind.

Anyone who says that a smirk wont set them off is lying (not that it justifies the actions).

The entire situation was a build up of two hours and the clip shows just one moment.
It wasn't even a smirk, it was a nervous kid's attempt to look friendly in very trying circumstances. Geez.

Meh... The conservative and liberal "view points" are just two opposing collections of alternative facts curated by a variety of business, political and ideological interests.
There's massive manipulation on both ends. There's widespread willful ignorance of either side's flaws among supporters.

What makes me want to punch anybody from the left or the right in the face is being associated by people from either side as the opposite purely from a position of otherness. The left calls me right and the right calls me left. As if the center does not exist.

I do not auto-subscribe to what anybody tells me to. In science I trust. The rest better come with references and citations. We've all been had of course. I feel sullied by it.

Why were those teenagers even at a political rally held to take away the rights of women?
https://spectator.us/smirking-facial-expression-far-right/

The students of Covington High School, Ky., were the subject of a recent viral video which shocked me to my very core. Everything about this encounter triggered me. Their obvious disrespect of a proud Native American as he bravely made his way towards this group of vile, contemptuous MAGA hat-wearing teenage boys, banging his Ceremonial Drum of Peace and chanting a mystical tribal incantation (presumably in order to ward off the sickening Aura of Trumpism) disturbed me so greatly that I actually did a small vomiting.

The final straw came when the courageous Native American Vietnam veteran came to a stop and peacefully hammered on his drum directly into a young boy’s disgustingly smug face. What did this hateful Apostle of Trump do? Did he bow before his elder and better, showing appreciation for the Native American Shaman Chief Vietnam veteran and his struggles? No. He did not. I’m literally shaking as I type this, because the full horror of what happened next is in danger of consuming my very soul. I shall need to take a Starbucks break before I continue with the next part of this hideous episode.

(OK. I’m back now, my soy macchiato has helped to quell my anger somewhat.)

So here goes: The boy…smirked.

Yes. You read that correctly. I did not make a mistake here. He literally SMIRKED at that epically gallant Native American Shaman Chief Vietnam veteran Elder as he placidly pummeled on that drum for all he was worth. “Is the boy in jail now?” I hear you cry. NO is the answer to that. He is not. And to be frank, as many good people on Twitter have stated before me, jail is too good for him and his army of MAGA-worshipping cohorts.
I salute these virtuous souls for showing us that only tolerance and love is the way forward. We can only quell the Hatred and Intolerance of teenage Trump supporters by punching them violently in their grinning faces. How can we hope to #Resist the tide of dangerous #MAGA pomposity which is seeping into America’s youth if we are not prepared to smash our fists into some adolescent’s irritatingly-amused visage?

It was discovered after a day or so of the video emerging that Nathan Phillips, the fearless Native American Vietnam veteran isn’t in fact a Vietnam veteran as such, but the disclosure of this information itself is disrespectful. In my eyes, he IS a veteran. He is a Warrior Chieftain of the Great Plains. He has braved much in his life the rest of us could ne’er comprehend. I’ve seen Dances with Wolves and Wild Wild West, so I know the struggles this man has undergone. He didn’t deserve that smirk. Nobody deserves to be smirked at. It’s a violation of our human rights. It is a FACECRIME (copyright, George Orwell).

I will move heaven and Earth until I dig up enough dirt on these foul teenagers to destroy them all. Name them, shame them. Make sure they never hold down a job. Ensure that every time they walk into a public place, they are in fear of their lives. It’s the only way to teach them love and tolerance. Let’s literally punch away their problematic adoration of Trump until nothing remains but a hollow shell of the boys they once were. Smash those toxic smirks from their faces with our Clenched Fists of Righteous Harmony.

After all, a smirk from an arrogant young college student is not a thing to be taken lightly. A smirk could very quickly evolve into a smug chuckle, which could then transform into a mocking remark and then where will we be?

Nazi Germany, that’s where.

Emjay

Executive Member
Why were those teenagers even at a political rally held to take away the rights of women?
So students have no political say? They are religious, and they believe that abortion is murder. Do you reject their rights to freedom of religion and expression?

anyone who has never wanted to punch a child has clearly never worked with them or had any of there own. I'm not saying you should punch a child, all I'm saying if you ever had anything to do with them, you have been tempted to punch one.
I thought your music brought happiness to the children?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Remind, me because I honestly don't know, did conservative writers and professors call for her address to be published? Did prominent conservatives call for violence against her?
Prominent conservatives (includes media types like Michael Savage, who on his own gets more than 11 times the audience compared to CNN) spread baseless conspiracy theories and hoaxes about her. Xarog, I mean Gingerbreadman's, own favourite site Gateway Pundit gleefully spread the same hoaxes.

Matt Drudge, Laura Ingraham and Mark Levin shared yet more fake stories about her, this time implicating her career and her parents.

Jacob Wohl, Gateway Pundit (again), and others, shared more fake stories about her.

She's since been under a constant barrage of harassment and has had to move house 4 times, and hire private security.

Incidentally, there's another round of doxxing going on in conservative media circles, with conservative Trump critics' family members' personal details being shared around.

'Journalists' at Breitbart, at the explicit direction of Stephen Bannon, also led harassment campaigns against conservatives that criticised Trump and Breitbart, including digging into their client lists and trying to get them fired, and further real life harassment, including putting their addresses and their spouses' personal details out. One of their charming readers threatened to rape one's daughter, which Ann Coulter found hilarious, retweeting it.

Regarding general advocacy of violence, recall Trump praising the GOP congressman who assaulted a reporter. He also repeatedly said his supporters should assault protesters (and he'd pay their legal fees), said the "2nd Amendment people" would kill Hillary Clinton, etc.

Glenn Beck fantasised about poisoning Nancy Pelosi, Todd Akin (GOP Congressman) wondered about lynching liberals, Ted Nugent wanted NRA convention attendees to 'chop Democrats' heads off' and wanted to shoot Obama. Joe Wilson (former GOP Congressman) was also pretty keen on shooting Obama. Sean Hannity and Gavin McInnes had a good laugh about political violence and thinks it's a pity there isn't more of it. McInnes elsewhere also praised the use of violence and advocated for more of it. He of course is the leader of the Proud Boys, who routinely commit violence. Joey Gibson (the guy whose video MPH posted) said they would instigate violence at protests.