What phone for my upgrade on Vodacom?

brixton tower

Expert Member
Need some advice from you guys out there on Vodacom upgrade packages. I'm seriously considering the SE X1i...so here's the question...What's the pay-in if I'm upgrading? Currently on a business call contract. Checked out the Vodacom website but it's vague WRT to upgrades.

Also are there any other phones in a similiar price range that I should be on the lookout for? Personally I prefer smartphones with a Symbian twist but the Nokia E90 is way too aged to be considered. The iPhone is a non-starter since Apple played us all for dummies by their severely crippled version of the local iTunes/AppStore.

JK8

Banned
So why don't they point this out? Anyway, there should be some other reasonable options.

I get to use any phone, but I have a personal line and I refuse to pay, so im getting the C905. Its not a smartphone but its decent. You can have a look at that but if you want S60 the N82 and E66 are also a decent options

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
The iPhone is a non-starter since Apple played us all for dummies by their severely crippled version of the local iTunes/AppStore.
What do you mean by that? Why crippled?

I am more or less in the same situation, I just can't make up my mind; iPhone 3g or xperia X1?

HTC is very slow compared to the iPhone, but what about the X1?

What about Blackberry Storm?

flarkit

Executive Member
What about the Nokia E71, for the "smartphone with a Symbian twist"

brixton tower

Expert Member
What do you mean by that? Why crippled?
You cannot buy music or games...which for me would be the raison d’être for the iTunes AppStore...and besides many of the apps that they've got on their are not suited to SA like the media stuff.

I guess I'll make my mind up when I head on over to the Vodashop in Cape Town.