What programming Language do you like the most?

Wahat Programming language do you like the most ?

• Python

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Java

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • C++

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • C#

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Other

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • None.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aleksandar

Expert Member
Same here. I love it.

Occasionally I still have to work in C/C++ and that makes me love C# even more.
I used C# a bit but one of my problems was c++ thinking and trying to write c# like c++ (I think issue was templates and I think inheritance) so I had elegant solution in c++ that I could not implement in c#.
But for most all of this is quite similar.

SWAMBO lite started using Python at uni and it was interesting helping her out a bit.

konfab

Honorary Master
TypeScript is my favourite. It manages to do the impossible by polishing the turd that is JavaScript and making it into something that is actually nice to work with.

PaulMurkin

Expert Member
Being good at a variety of languages got me in into a decent job and a relocation to the EU: for the sake of the OP these are:

C
C++
Go
Python

I delivered a large Golang project before I left SA. C is still used extensively and is a "reference implementation language" for a variety of things.
C++ was and still is used extensively, but 99% of my work there was maintenance and cleaning up of crap by developers who loved to abuse inheritance and overriding of entire classes for reasons unknown, and then they always wondered why the terminal was so slow..

Lot of work happens in Linux kernelspace, so the language of choice is C.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Who codes Go for fun? Who writes Go and thinks "Yes, this is the best ever!"?
When I need to write a small API, though C# minimal API has kinda stopped me doing that anymore unless I want to do something with go coroutines, channels are nice.
C# in .Net 6 kind of started becoming my goto.

aleksandar

Expert Member
SWAMBO lite has to graph some data, UNI gave them link to upload data and generate graphs.
Unfortunately something is wrong with site so instead of waiting for it to be sorted out we made quick Python utility using matplotlib, 40 lines later and we got same graph as it was produced by website.
Love Python for small utils.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Being good at a variety of languages got me in into a decent job and a relocation to the EU: for the sake of the OP these are:

C
C++
Go
Python

I delivered a large Golang project before I left SA. C is still used extensively and is a "reference implementation language" for a variety of things.
C++ was and still is used extensively, but 99% of my work there was maintenance and cleaning up of crap by developers who loved to abuse inheritance and overriding of entire classes for reasons unknown, and then they always wondered why the terminal was so slow..

Lot of work happens in Linux kernelspace, so the language of choice is C.
When did you leave?

karnuffel

Expert Member
Ive used python to do some small projects on my Raspberry PI and really enjoyed it. I really miss ABAP though.

Harmonic

No Golang? :unsure:
I build distributed geospatial systems in go. It's a super simple language which is nice. The easy escape hatch to C has been super handy. That said, definitely not my favorite language. Haven't done any C# in years so not sure on it's current status but it was always the most pleasing language for me.