What proof from the employee is needed to approve the new parental leave benefits?

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Here is the copy/paste from my companies policy around parental leave.

Terms and Conditions
  1. "company name" may request reasonable proof of the event prior to parental or family responsibility leave being approved.

KingAuthor

I ****ing knew it......There was another thread, I was just wrong on the topic of the thread
My next thread; "Is a medical certificate really needed when you take sick leave on Monday and/or Friday, or the day and/or after a public holiday"

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
My next thread; "Is a medical certificate really needed when you take sick leave on Monday and/or Friday, or the day and/or after a public holiday"
For you, I think its safe to assume a medical certificate is required the second an employee steps out of the office, even if its the end of the day and they're just legitimately going home.

KingAuthor

Here is the copy/paste from my companies policy around parental leave.

Terms and Conditions
  1. "company name" may request reasonable proof of the event prior to parental or family responsibility leave being approved.
Thank you.

This is what I needed. I think 'reasonable proof' is the reasonable wording :unsure:, instead of explicitly stating.

KingAuthor

For you, I think its safe to assume a medical certificate is required the second an employee steps out of the office, even if its the end of the day and they're just legitimately going home.
You guessed right :ROFL:

RedViking

Nord of the South
For their sake, I hope they check the date and bring the umbilical cord

braailekker11

As you may know the parental leave law has come into effect on 01 January 2020. The leave benefits include parental, adoption and commissioning parental leave.

What documents can be proof of the above mentioned leave benefits? For both male and female employees.
Too cheap to call a lawyer to explain things for you?

signates

Executive Member
Just their word. Why do you require any proof at all? Is their absolutely no trust?
This

Unless you are completely oblivious to what's happening in the personal lives of your employees, you should not need any support of a medical or birth certificate. In the many years of working, we've always know at least 6 months in advance which employees are expecting children, be it mothers or fathers. Even those planning on adoption are very open with their direct line managers.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Real skilled HR people rock.
I've only had great experiences with HR departments in companies so far.