• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

What registrar? Nr 2 and 3 also please.

fundutzi

Dear All,

1. The short question:
Which registrar is rock solid to facilitate co.za domain registrations?
{This question is limited to the registration and payment for domains only. Not related to DNS and or hosting of any sort}
Please can we try to have at least 2 more options?

2. The longer version.
The need.
Register a limited number of co.za domains. Domains are real estate. Must be sure the registrar is solid.

Options I can put on the table at this time.
a. domains.co.za {Use them since 2015}
b. hetzner.co.za {They had been round since 90s. Any feedback please?}
c. web4africa.co.za {per registry.net.za}
d. lexsynergy.com => very expensive. {per registry.net.za}
e. gridhost.co.za => Curious to see what others say. {I simply say NO}

If I could simply find a list of registrars and sort by "Number of domains per registrar" this would be great.

Past experience.
Registered my first co.za in late 90s. Back then and for x number of years I did this direct with co.za. A pain, was not pleasant for me.
Thus in 2010 I had to register some co.za domains again. I was lazy and used WebAfrica. Need I say more...
In 2015 had to register some domains again. I registered with domains.co za in 2015 to test and see if they are ok. 3 years later allfine, all feedback I read indicates domains.co.za is good.

fundutzi

Thank you Thor.
We need a number 2 and three please.
All gold is best, but what is second best?

UssOP

I used Hetzner and gridhost. I don't find a problem with either. People seem to be hating on GH for their own reason. When it comes to domain registrations, as long as you pay your ****e then there won't be a problem. I believe the others takes the risk in registering the domain prior to payment but GH works on a pay first basis. If you plan on registering with them over time then use a credit card or instant EFT to complete your registrations. If that is not what you want and prefer the ability to register a domain right then and there so that you can pay later then don't consider them. I am not a true fan of this process but I understand how they may have come to making this decision.

fundutzi

Thank you for your feedback.
I keep using domains.co.za.

Failed till now to find number of *.za domains per registrar.

Some data for other TLDs is here.
With almost zero effort we can see number of co.za domains here.