What silly lockdown restriction has delayed your 2020?

Supersoaker

Expert Member
We decided to buy a house.

Transfer fees were paid and paperwork was signed off, from there it went to the deads office where it remained for the next 3 months.

Our lease was meant to expire at the end of February 2020.

We then spoke to the rental agency and they were willing to extend the lease on a per week basis.

There's so much that we'd like to do but we can't do anything like move into the new place or touch up anything (paint) on the old place before we move out.

I'm being held captive by a piece of **** Rain connection when I could be on 200/200Mbps fibre connection.

We could be paying off our new home but we're stuck paying rent on someone else's.

Overall I'm just annoyed that most of us obey the rules and others are allowed to catch on kaak.

bokka1

Expert Member

Transfer fees were paid and paperwork was signed off, from there it went to the deads office where it remained for the next 3 months.

We then spoke to the rental agency and they were willing to extend the lease on a per week basis.

There's so much that we'd like to do but we can't do anything like move into the new place or touch up anything (paint) on the old place before we move out.

I'm being held captive by a piece of **** Rain connection when I could be on 200/200Mbps fibre connection.

We could be paying off our new home but we're stuck paying rent on someone else's.

Overall I'm just annoyed that most of us obey the rules and others are allowed to catch on kaak.

The Deeds Office is opening up on Monday, the conveyancers are waiting for the Minister to finalise the scope of work that they may do.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
There's no way I'd sell my house now and risk lockdown preventing me moving out and making me liable for occupational rent.

As for me a very promising recruitment process overseas disappeared with the lockdown...

Lupus

Honorary Master
My driver's license needs to be renewed. I was fixing up my house.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
My driver's license needs to be renewed. I was fixing up my house.

SA’s lockdown now comes with an automatic extension to driver’s and car licences
  • Any car or driver's licence that expires during South Africa's national Covid-19 lockdown will remain valid, under new rules published Monday.
  • After the lockdown ends, those with expired licences will have another 30 days to renew the documents.
  • The grace period also applies to roadworthy certificates and professional driving permits.
The extension is valid for a whole range of licences and permits, including:
  • driving licences
  • learner’s licences
  • motor vehicle licence disks
  • temporary permits
  • professional driving permits
  • roadworthy certificates

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
I have been deprived of what I had hoped would be 9 solid months of partying and having a good time while living life according to my rules only. Now, every fücking turn I make and every tiny thing that brings me joy is being cut off by what I am starting to feel is an unnecessary postponement of the inevitable. For every pleasure, there is a stupid rule to stop me from enjoying it,

IndigoIdentity

Expert Member
The part which forced various clients to ask for payment relief as they are unable to operate and can barely pay for their full time staff let alone contractors, had big plans to make much needed changes but those will have to wait.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
For me, everything changed. My path of delays started with a huge drop of confidence from last year. I had an opportunity last year which manifested into a new opportunity up for final verdict in February this year which was under the circumstances postponed to April, and by this time lockdown placed this opportunity in a stasis which may be postponed indefinitely.

I am not a happy person at the moment, though I know it is beyond 'any' control.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Car has a coolant leak which I can't get fixed just yet.

Big thing is I was about to pull the trigger on an awning for my outside space but nooooo.....

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ah yes, there was supposed to be a karate sensei visits from Japan to my son's dojo. They were also starting to build another training room and switch to solar.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Can you imagine how many people are going to be rushing after this is done? Also we've got to do it all online now.

I renewed my drivers 3 weeks before a lockdown was a reality. This after the machines at Helderberg (Somerset West), Gordon's Bay and Stellenbosch were uncalibrated for days to weeks without any effort of notice. I called every day until I could get tested, and because the systems were down it resulted in every person with an expired license to pitch up on that day. 7 Hours later...

Then a day before the lockdown was instituted I received notice to fetch my drivers, only to it not being at the testing centre for pickup. Guess how I feel at the moment about this specific topic.

SAguy

Executive Member
Only one thing really - my wife and I (and 3 other musicians) get together every other Sunday with about 300-400 elderly people from all around CPT and teach them fun songs - Beatles, Elvis, etc..

At the end of the year we have a concert which gets about 1200 people coming to watch. Even if lockdown ends I don't know if we'll be able to continue given the risk to older people

maumau

Honorary Master
I was considering asking for extended leave to visit to my son in Canada. Got the extended leave.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Can you imagine how many people are going to be rushing after this is done? Also we've got to do it all online now.

My Honda's license expires this month. Fück, I hope something changes. I really don't feel like wasting time in a post office in a queue with 30 other people.

SlowInternet

Executive Member

In my knowledge when the documents are submitted to the Deeds Office and everything is in order it usually takes 7 working days before it is registered. When there are problems with the said documents it will be rejected and will then have to be resubmitted by the attorney. It will never stay that long with the Deeds Office if all the documents are in order.

Which Deeds Office ?