What the heck Vodacom? I didn't sign up for this...

Nqindi

Quite a dumb take on the issue - I presume you have your own homemade mobile network that you use? Because whether it is vodacom, cell c or mtn, they are all the same - you just chose the lesser evil
And Vodacom is the worst of the bunch. You pay more and get poor service. At least with other providers you pay less for poor service.

Nemesys

A couple of yours ago I noticed a small amount that ere added to my monthly bill. Checking back I noticed that this have been happening for a few month prior to me noticing it for the first time. The local agent were not interest in my problem and then and then it started n a long line of emails to their head office combined with a lot phone calls and me eventually logging a complaint on Hellopeter.
Note that I used a Vodacom service provider at the time and were not directly subscribed with Vodacom

Herewith a copy of a email form the service provider

We have successfully deactivated the twin call service from your line.

The twin call number supplied is not linked to your account, as that number belongs to a customer that is with Vodacom direct and xxxxxxxxxxx Mobile has no access to that number.

We strongly believe that someone else registered your number for this service in error.

We have completed a reconciliation on your account (please find attached), and as a gesture of goodwill it was agreed to credit your account for the Venista subscriptions.

The total amount of credit that was issued to your account is R79.98 inclusive of VAT.

Please note that xxxxxxxx Mobile is not affiliated with any of the WASP related services that are offered and if you would like to take this matter further, you will need to contact WASPA directly.

Now Waspa is the watch dog for Wasp services and you can send them an email requesting to unsubscribe a Wasp service and also lodge a complain against one of their registered members using unsubscribes@waspa.org.za

This practice is wide spread and few people actually look at their usage and I am sure that if we can get Harte Blanche interested in investigating a who;e hornets nest will be opened.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
View attachment 782234

The Vuclip has been going on for three months now...
And the WASP subs for more than two months.

I did notice when somebody tried to sub me to the WASPs... but unsubscribed immediately from all of them... or at least I thought I did...
by issuing the STOP ALL command.... apparently that doesn't work any more?

View attachment 782240
Stop all only works for external WASP services. It has NO effect on the increasingly irritating "internal WASP-like services" that are cleverly hidden when you use some of VCs so-called service Apps.
Just examine very carefully the "my Vodacom App" and you will see these links. It is real easy to inadvertently activate this rubbish if you are not careful about how you poke at the smart screen. That is why I have an almost pathological hatred for touch screen technology.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Whether on prepaid or postpaid or data only:

Dial *135#

Select following sequence:
10) Next
1) Services
10) Next
2) Content Services
2) Stop All
Only works IF you Have airtime available to process the USSD codes. Otherwise, you have to SMS Stop all to 31050 or 30333

eehellfire

Honorary Master
View attachment 782234

I did notice when somebody tried to sub me to the WASPs... but unsubscribed immediately from all of them... or at least I thought I did...

View attachment 782240
I'm going through a similar thing with MTN.
The difference is that the WASP in question is MTN themselves.
It's impossible to resolve with front-line service - even escalation channels are slow to respond.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
View attachment 782234

View attachment 782240
Both those are I suspect linked to VCs video play service. It looks like this service becomes your default video player and then every time you play a video, it is delivered to you via this so-called "service". These OTP services are just internal WASP services.

Last edited:

Londo

Stop all only works for external WASP services. It has NO effect on the increasingly irritating "internal WASP-like services" that are cleverly hidden when you use some of VCs so-called service Apps.
Just examine very carefully the "my Vodacom App" and you will see these links. It is real easy to inadvertently activate this rubbish if you are not careful about how you poke at the smart screen. That is why I have an almost pathological hatred for touch screen technology.
MTN has the same what you call "internal WASP-like services". I was mysteriously "enrolled" in one of MTN's. I only found out when I noticed that R30 of my airtime had disappeared - 3 days @ R10 a pop. I now purposely keep very little airtime on my phone. But I wonder that if I had not airtime and I am "enrolled" in one of the schemes, they'd just deducts the money when I load airtime. Does that happen?

These sleazy, underhand ways of separating customers from their money seems to be increasing. I think that the cellphone operators are feeling the slow economy so are increasing their schemes o make up for lower call and data income. Steal a little bit here, steal a little bit there.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
MTN has the same what you call "internal WASP-like services". I was mysteriously "enrolled" in one of MTN's. I only found out when I noticed that R30 of my airtime had disappeared - 3 days @ R10 a pop. I now purposely keep very little airtime on my phone. But I wonder that if I had not airtime and I am "enrolled" in one of the schemes, they'd just deducts the money when I load airtime. Does that happen?

These sleazy, underhand ways of separating customers from their money seems to be increasing. I think that the cellphone operators are feeling the slow economy so are increasing their schemes o make up for lower call and data income. Steal a little bit here, steal a little bit there.
I have heard reports that that is what happens. Can't confirm though.

Londo

R95 of airtime disappears in a week! Here is the sorry tale...

My email to Vodacom today. How do I take this further? Is there a regulator that I should also email?
No one has contacted me.

I called 082 135 on 17 February, 2020.

I told the agent that:

I have never, knowingly, subscribed to any services that could be called WASP or anything else. I only use my phone for calls and data. Yet I constantly get messages asking me to confirm subscriptions.

I had recharged on 11 February with R100 of airtime. See attached screenshot. (Screenshots not included in this post)

I had SMS's "Stop All" to 30333 on 10 February 10, 2020. See attached screenshot.

I received an SMS from Vodacom on 10 February 2020 that read, in part: "You are currently not subscribed to any WASP service." See attached screenshot.

When I checked my airtime balance at the time of the call (17 Feb), I had less than R5. I currently have R3.80 See attached screenshot.

When I check my call log between 10 February and 17 February, I can only see 2 outgoing calls. One of 15 seconds, one of 1 second duration

Looking at my records, the agent told me the following:

She could says that my Stop All " message had not been enacted in time. This overlooks that I also received a SMS from Vodacom, date 30 January 2020, saying I was not subscribed to any WASP services.

She could see 2 WASP services that had debited my airtime a total of R15. This does not explain where the other approximately R80 of airtime has gone.

She told me that the "Stop All" to 30333 no longer works. She could not explain why - if it no longer works - Vodacom is still sending me messages that I am not subscribed to WASP services. She could not explain why I am bombarded with sms's asking if I want to unblock subscriptions. (Why are you bothering me with this question?)

She said there are other services that are not WASP services that can take airtime. But she could not tell me what they were called.

So, in summary,
I have been losing airtime for the last 4 or so months as Vodacom has a stop WASP service that appears to work, but does not. But there are apparently other services that can take my airtime that I and your agent does not know what they are called or how to block them.

The recent record shows:
I had R15 deducted from my airtime, even though Vodacom tells me I was not subscribed to a WASP services.
I had approximately R80 deducted from my airtime by a service(s) that Vodacom cannot identify or will not tell me.

So:
Please account for approximately R95 of airtime that has disappeared from my account.

Please tell me how I can permanently block WASP (without constantly being asked if I want to "unblock") and any other services from stealing my airtime?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Please tell me how I can permanently block WASP (without constantly being asked if I want to "unblock") and any other services from stealing my airtime?

Switch to telkom, WASP services does not work on telkom.

Londo

Switch to telkom, WASP services does not work on telkom.
When I checked some time back, Telkom uses MTN towers in my area. I used MTN for a while but went back to VC due to reception hassles. :( But, on balance, you have given me a very good reason to port to Telkom. I hardly make call anymore, anyway.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
So the assault on my phone number continues... with daily attempts to sign me up to all kinds of content services. Fortunately now the CONTENT BLOCK seems to be stopping all of them.... but again I ask... how are these people just able to add users to their content services unilaterally? Vodacom allows this and is party to this, so they are complicit in this fraud and theft. None of these attempts were initiated through any action on my part and I am the only person that has access to my phone (protected by pin and fingerprint lock).

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Pathetic. All the companies get away with murder, but just miss one payment and see what happens to you...