What to do if you are not getting the ADSL speed you are billed for

lexis

It happened to me. Telkom simply took a chance. Upgrade all 4mb lines (without prior notice to the individual customer) to 10mb and charge them all, irrespective whether they can receive 10mb or not. If the ISP didn't pick it up and alerted me, I would still have paid for something I didn't get.

Urist

Expert Member
i`m getting 2.2Mbps while paying for 4, had a techie come to my house, he explained its as good as i can hope for because of the distance.

I`m afraid if I downgrade to 2Mbps I will get even slower speeds.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Exactly why I called them months ago and told them to drop me to the up to 4Mbps package. Other wise I would still be paying for the up to 10Mbps prices :erm:

MickeyD

RIP
i`m getting 2.2Mbps while paying for 4, had a techie come to my house, he explained its as good as i can hope for because of the distance.

I`m afraid if I downgrade to 2Mbps I will get even slower speeds.
Yes, you will then get 2Mbps and not 2.2Mbps.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'm still paying up to 10mbps , but can only get 4mbps. Maybe I should ask for that rebate :)

The price difference in Do Advance and Do Premium is only about R120. But you do get 30gig more data on premium.

Last edited:

signeffex

I had similar issues.
I was on a 4mb (telkom line checker says 10mb is available on my exchange) and was barely getting 1mb.
Telkom techie came through and said I'm too far from the exchange so dropped to 2mb and started getting full speeds.
This month i took a chance and upgraded to a 4mb with my isp
I'm currently getting full speeds (4mb) lets see how long this lasts. Thankfully i can change anytime.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
I'm paying for 4Mbps and get 4Mbps but I want 20Mbps

*spits*

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
What I was afraid of is them putting me on 2Mbps and due to the distance it goes down to <1Mbps or something
Jip, I'm on 2Mbps and my line speed is oscillating between 0.6 and 1.4Mbps, with a dreadful snr of 6db. According to Telkom, we have tested your line and can find no fault...