What to do when Cell-C Doesn't deliver your phone

jasonvdm94

HI All

I upgraded my contract last week thursday via the CellC Call center, they assured me that my P30 Lite would come by friday (yes, I didnt really expect that to be true). When it didn't come I called the 135 number 5 times, each time my call was dropped while waiting in the queue for between 10 and 20 minutes.

Eventually I received a call from their marketing team (again). I convinced the lady to put me through to the device delivery team. The lady in that team said in a very confused way that the phone had not even been given to the courier yet. She then promised (in fact "promised promise promise"ed to use her exact wording that it'd be here by Monday). Monday nothing, I try call and get no response from the 135 number after multiple attempts. This was the trend for the rest of this week, no information no call backs, not explanation, no real way to get their attention.

I reviewed their company on HelloPieter hoping to get a response, but all I got was, the general response, Sorry for the inconvenience we will get someone to call you urgently. that was Tuesday, I have still received no call. My calls still get dropped.

So my question is, how do I raise this issue properly with them, since calling, emailing, helloPietering them all seem not to work. I cannot go into a store and throw my toys out the cot. Am I being unreasonable for believing what they told me, is a week not too long to wait for the delivery of a phone?

At what point do I start to worry that I will never get my phone and that It'll just get lost.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
Been there done that and got the t-shirt ..... USELESS people with BS promises. the one rep will tell you the phone is with courier, while another will tell it's impossible to be on it's way as they dont even have stock on the system :X3::mad:

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I also waited a while for my stuff on my contract. It eventually did come tho, and no complaints since.

jasonvdm94

I really do hate having to complain. I am no "Karen", [insert meme here].

I am just so confused how this level of service when it comes to current cellc users can actually be this bad. At some point it should become illegal. Is there not a level of service that the country forces businesses to provide their users?

marioat1

Expert Member
Wow expect next day delivery, when you go for cheapest option.
Sounds like an electioneering dream.

dunkyd

Expert Member
You seem shocked at their disgusting useless service ?
Surely you read this and other forums ?
You sadly have a long way to go to catch me up....
Had a router for 2 days in January, no reception.
Took it back and filled in forms.
Now up to 52 emails, 38 call backs and still they are taking money off my account monthly.

Arthur

Honorary Master
@jasonvdm94 What to do?

Smile. Don't stress. Be nice to the people on the phone. Don't lose your composure. Make sure your own work is done timeously and professionally, because other people rely on you to do your bit properly ... few things more galling than a slaggard and shirker mouthing off about other people's poor service.

Oh, and when you're calm, perhaps write a polite letter to the CEO and suggest he give attention to systems and processes to improve cust sat. Describe your recent experience, briefly. Ask him to reply.

Last edited:

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Smile. Don't stress. Be nice to the people on the phone. Don't lose your composure. Make sure your own work is done timeously and professionally, because other people rely on you to do your bit properly ... few things more galling than a slaggard and shirker mouthing off about other people's poor service.

Oh, and when you're calm, perhaps write a polite letter to the CEO and suggest he give attention to systems and processes to improve cust sat. Describe your recent experience, briefly. Ask him to reply.
THIS WORKS.......????????????

Do you perhaps do volunteer election work for the ANC ?