What to do when you are stopped by a soldier during the COVID-19 lockdown

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Wrong question IMO. The SANDF are not allowed to act autonomously, except under a State of Emergency, which we are not in. The SANDF are to provide backup to the SAPS.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Wrong question IMO. The SANDF are not allowed to act autonomously, except under a State of Emergency, which we are not in. The SANDF are to provide backup to the SAPS.
You get overzealous soldiers...

MaSeKind

Maybe if they put the rifles away people would treat them better. I'm not going to be at my best if anyone comes up to me armed for war.

Guns don't do much against viruses. Can't help but feel that this whole situation has given a lot of people an excuse to live out their authoritarian fantasies. Looking at you Bheki Cele

wingnut771

Honorary Master
i don't think sandf know the difference between state of disaster and state of emercency. i would like to see this expert try whip out his phone and film these soldiers while asking for their names then post the video here.

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
i don't think sandf know the difference between state of disaster and state of emercency. i would like to see this expert try whip out his phone and film these soldiers while asking for their names then post the video here.
What makes you think they don't? Just curious.

maumau

Honorary Master
As long as they don't get within 2 metres of my car window I'm cool. Will be polite.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
What makes you think they don't? Just curious.
the fact that there is already a report of them breaking into a house and beating them up and confiscating cell phones and only stop when metro police arrive.

Tokolotshe

Honorary Master
Me: Happy-go-lucky, wips out letters allowing movement.
Them: Eyes go big seeing names & signatures, peeps become extremely respectful, wishes me a pleasant and safe journey, flagging me on ... happy to be rid of me? Hellishly funny actually ... ;)

Sadly I know it does not work like this for the next person. At least I suspect the next few peeps on the same route as I will be treated well.