What to do when you are stopped for not paying e-tolls

avert

i wont stop regardless, due to the amount of criminals pretending to be police officers on the East Rand. If its important they can follow me to my destination.

Johnfpro

i wont stop regardless, due to the amount of criminals pretending to be police officers on the East Rand. If its important they can follow me to my destination.

They might just stop you with an ounce or two of lead

zululami

Banned

It is advisable to drive to a police station if you have reasonable suspicion that the people stopping you are not 'real' police - otherwise you will be shot at for not stopping - as it has happened to other people in the past. When police stop you, you have to stop.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It is advisable to drive to a police station if you have reasonable suspicion that the people stopping you are not 'real' police - otherwise you will be shot at for not stopping - as it has happened to other people in the past. When police stop you, you have to stop.

I don't know about being shot at but you'll definitely be arrested, and rightfully so.

zululami

Banned
I don't know about being shot at but you'll definitely be arrested, and rightfully so.

You car could very well fit the description of a high-risk suspect that the police are pursuing and they will kill you for not stopping.

CeeBee

Expert Member
generally these fat-bastard-types we get jumping out the bushes, don't exactly command respect.
usually you on the back foot immediately, so quite hard to remain calm.
guess u just gotta try hard to remain calm and respectful to the uniform, irrespective of the d-head inside :)

but i have been surprised by the courteous and professional guys before.
guess it depends on the area ....

grok

Honorary Master
Dunno, depends on the specific situation I guess.. but step 1 in all cases regardless would be to switch phone to 'record'.

CeeBee

Expert Member
Dunno, depends on the specific situation I guess.. but step 1 in all cases regardless would be to switch phone to 'record'.
especially if your phone sends photos to the cloud, like onedrive on windows phones and icloud for apple... if you need to take photos and the SOB feels himself the right to take your phone. even if they force u to delete pics off the phone, they still in the cloud, to finger them with later.
still, sad state of affairs that gov encourages citizens to disrepesct the people that are supposed to 'serve'

kianm

Honorary Master
No chop will get me to pay for e-tolls. This project failed long before it started, i shall not throw my money into a dumpster that is Sanrails

crackersa

Honorary Master
eventually, everyone is going to end up paying etolls. govt is already re-writing the laws......

and you are a fool to think this will put ANC out of power. to many people in the rual areas will still vote for ANC. just look at Zimbabwe.

grok

Honorary Master
eventually, everyone is going to end up paying etolls. govt is already re-writing the laws......

and you are a fool to think this will put ANC out of power. to many people in the rual areas will still vote for ANC. just look at Zimbabwe.
Who said were not paying to put them out of power? If we can get them to stop stealing our money it'll be a win.

crackersa

Honorary Master
Who said were not paying to put them out of power? If we can get them to stop stealing our money it'll be a win.

why would the ANC abandon this? most of the voters are not affected by this directly. they won't see the relation to the price of goods going up

Wall

Sports Addict
You know, with all the public bashing of Police Officers, I think it's understated how being polite can change or diffuse a situation. I've yet to meet an aggressive cop, maybe I'm just lucky.

Insint

Expert Member

Nope, no, just no. Government has already rewritten laws. What has happened? Nothing, because you can't force people to pay. If we stand together they can't do anything.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

Oh, and the fake police criminal type are renowned for being too shy to shoot.