What to watch on Netflix and Showmax this weekend?

e4et

Expert Member
I've been binge watching Banshee on showmax, and rather enjoyed it .

Does kinda feel like both Netflix and showmax are showing old titles more recently.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1630690144428.png

Recommendation from my 3 year old son Daniel. Billy Ray Cyrus is an executive producer or something and Bernadette from the Big Bang Theory dose the voice for a character in one of the episodes.

So there you go. I'm giving you gold here. :)

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1630690444847.png

This looks like the sort of inferior Under Siege 2 wannabee nonsense that I could potentially tolerate for a couple of hours.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
This has been hanging around on Netflix for a while. Watched the first couple of episodes last night. Fairly entertaining so far.
Don't get too attached - it was cancelled after season 2.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Don't get too attached - it was cancelled after season 2.
Not a problem. The Americans like to drag out their series well past their sell by date a lot of times anyway. (although I admit that some of the more recent series hold up quite well through 8 or 9 seasons.)

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I'm getting old. I don't think they look too bad :ROFL:
Damn you. Two episodes in and I suddenly have an 80's nostalgia thing going on. Grabbed a few other pilots to re-watch. Mike Hammer... not as good as I remember. Moonlighting... the chemistry was excellent. Next Remington Steele and Spenser: For Hire lol

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
is anyone watching Seinfeld on Netflix:?
Seinfeld was funny but not sure I'm ready to go back there!

For comedy nostalgia, the late great Bill Hicks is available on Netflix. Comedic Genius of the late 80's-early 90's but doesn't seem to be well known here in SA. I got to see him live in 1993 on his Revelations tour about year or so before his premature passing - one time in my life I truly laughed until I cried :ROFL:

The Door is ajar particularly sticks in the mind

Last edited:

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Damn you. Two episodes in and I suddenly have an 80's nostalgia thing going on. Grabbed a few other pilots to re-watch. Mike Hammer... not as good as I remember. Moonlighting... the chemistry was excellent. Next Remington Steele and Spenser: For Hire lol
You probably won't thank me for leaving this here :ROFL:

Pretty much all 3 seasons available on Dailymotion - see you in a month or so!

Last edited: