• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

What to watch on Netflix, Showmax, and Black this weekend

RaptorSA

Expert Member
How it Ends looks like it could be quite good...
WTF is wrong with this planet. Thought I'd check out a review online before I pack up...
Then came across this trash: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jul/13/how-it-ends-review-netflix-theo-james-forest-whitaker

I found the beginning of that review suspiciously venomous... it all fell in place when I came across these lines:
"Tom is pompous and aloof. An ex-marine who transitioned to the high paying defense industry, he sits in his high-rise apartment basking in formality and vague alpha male frustration"
"How It Ends is a laundry list of the paranoid male power fantasies that, when social restraints buckle, burst to the forefront"

Clearly can't trust the reviews then.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Holy bejeepers... I'd expect that load of twaddle to have been written by a feminist, but NO... its written by a dude... :wtf:

dj2381

Expert Member
WTF is wrong with this planet. Thought I'd check out a review online before I pack up...
Then came across this trash: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jul/13/how-it-ends-review-netflix-theo-james-forest-whitaker

I found the beginning of that review suspiciously venomous... it all fell in place when I came across these lines:
"Tom is pompous and aloof. An ex-marine who transitioned to the high paying defense industry, he sits in his high-rise apartment basking in formality and vague alpha male frustration"
"How It Ends is a laundry list of the paranoid male power fantasies that, when social restraints buckle, burst to the forefront"

Clearly can't trust the reviews then.
Just watched the trailer, it looks pretty good to me, will give it a watch.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
DSTV sponsoring these "what to watch" posts?
Seems there are two showmax titles for every netflix one, despite showmax having a lot less content.