What town is used in that Standard Bank ad?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This has been bugging me for a while now. There is a Standard Bank ad that start off with "Here is a town" and then it features all the people in the town like the chick that got a bakery business going and the Willemse moving into their new house and some other girl on her way to varsity.

What town was this shot in? I though Ceres but soon realised its not, too little mountains around it.

Type RSA

Expert Member
LOL, looks like a nice town.. Everyone seems so happy. Even the chick in her first car :)

Superjakes

Expert Member
Googling, It looks like it may be Orania.

Trollollolloll... I am not convinced that the Willemses would stay in Orania. Quaint little town in the ad, but it annoys me endlessly, especially in the cinema.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yes, the cinema one is longer. That town is not Orania and personally I think its a little too flat to be Montague.

Leimie

I laugh every time I see that ad because I remember Mr. Willemse from my days at UCT. That guy and his girl used to sit and make out all day on the statue at the bottom of Jammie steps.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
I just get annoyed with it now...Not sure what town as i tend to change channels when the ad flights.

MickeyD

RIP
[video=youtube;hvwJxiHar1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvwJxiHar1I&feature=related[/video]

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Excellent work guys! The mystery is solved ;)
I wonder if I will now enjoy watching the ad next time I see it in the movies?