What Vodacom and MTN are hiding from you: Cell C CEO

beans100

Honorary Master
This should be common knowledge, but for those living under a rock for the last decade, "they" have been lying since forever, nothing new....

And the article states that Vodacom and MTN had words with Cell C and Telkom mobile. Is that still relevant now that Telkom mobile had joined forces with MTN??? Is Cell C now fighting alone??? 1 against 3??? Not fair.....

medicnick83

Paramedic
Still, now at least SOMEONE is taking the fight public and doing something about it.

Remember, it takes 1 business to start something and then others follow - just think of MWEB and the big UNCAPPED story... everyone said it wouldn't work, well, it's the norm now.

Allin

Expert Member
Unless something changes very drastically my business will use only Cell C or Telkom Mobile.

entrepr

Expert Member
I support ICASA/Cell C wholeheartedly and wonder if there is actual dated evidence that MTN/Vodacom failed to supply requested costing information to ICASA.

me_

I'm sorry, I have to support MTN/Vodacom in this scenario. Normally I would back lower termination rates, but the level of asymmetry is truly unfair and Cell C's sensationalist talk that MTN/Vodacom are protecting higher termination rates is utter bs...
The key issue for them is asymmetry which would give Cell C and Telkom an unfair advantage, but Cell C doesn't want you to look at that...

beans100

Honorary Master
I'm sorry, I have to support MTN/Vodacom in this scenario. Normally I would back lower termination rates, but the level of asymmetry is truly unfair and Cell C's sensationalist talk that MTN/Vodacom are protecting higher termination rates is utter bs...
The key issue for them is asymmetry which would give Cell C and Telkom an unfair advantage, but Cell C doesn't want you to look at that...
What about Vodacom and MTN's unfair advantage that they're enjoying now for over a decade?

smallearth

Expert Member
And this is why regulated competition in industry is a requirement for free markets to operate for the benefit of both consumers and shareholders...

me_

What about Vodacom and MTN's unfair advantage that they're enjoying now for over a decade?
Yes, they have had an advantage, but a 300% advantage? It just seems ludicrously high to charge Vodacom/MTN 300% more to connect to Cell C and Telkom...

Sodan

Expert Member
AKC snr is the Cell CEO. Dos Santos is still (might still be? Is AKC back yet?) the acting CEO.

zamicro

Expert Member
“But what they don’t say is that despite requests from Icasa to provide their costs to calculate the appropriate price controls, MTN and Vodacom did not do so,” said dos Santos.
I were wondering about this whole claim of Vodacom/MTN about Icasa making a regulation without having the right information...