What was you favourite childhood video game?

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
What was you favourite childhood video game?
I remember when I was young, and still had a 486sx 25Mhz, our pc was very limited, but we played the most awesome games, who can still remember “Day of the tentacle” and Sam&Max, we used to play these games for weeks, we used to get stuck on certain places in the game, and back then there was no internet for a quick walk through, we formed a little groups, each kid playing the same game, and then the next day at school we would exchange tips….lol

A few years passed and I got my first Pentium 200mhz with MMX, 32mb ram, it was awesome, a Packard Bell…lol, but anyway, we where not limited anymore, and my first game was Starcraft, and KKND, KKND was the best strategy game I have ever played, and the first strategy game I finished, later on Total Annihilation

And who knows Dungeon Keeper?, if I can vote for my all time best game it would go to Dungeon Keeper 1&2, they announced a Dungeon Keeper3, but it never came out, I waited years for this game……, the creators of Dungeon Keeper (Bullfrog) also made a game called Theme Hospital, also, this game provided me with weeks of fun, years even, same with Theme Park, and you don’t get games these days that is as fun as back then
These days I don’t really play games anymore, I still play international Cricket captain, and tried playing the new star craft, but I was disappointed, its fun for 2 days and then it gets boring, im eagerly awaiting Rugby2012, but besides those, its hard finding a game that really keeps me interested

Here is a list of my favourite old games
Red Alert 1&2, Warcraft2, theme Hospital, Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper 1&2, Sam and Max, Day of the Tactical, Indiana Jones, Total Annihilation
, Heroes of Might and magic, Might and Magic, Syndicate, Gene Wars, Pizza tycoon, Gangster, Army Men, Commandos, Diablo 1&2

Can anyone recommend games that’s like the one’s above?

I think most games companies lost the plot with all this fancy graphics, these days they are more concerned inmaking a game look good actually than giving it a nice game play

RustyPrincess

Expert Member
I played a mac donalds game on one of those cartridge consoles... I loved that game. Mario brothers was cool!

Spelling Jungle
Theme Hospital
Roller cosater tycoon
The first sims
Beasts and bumpkins

Keeper

Honorary Master
MegaMan on the Golden China!

My first 'puter was also a packard bell hehe, a 133MHz.... back then you could load quite a few games on a massive 2GB Hard Drive!

My favorites are very similar to yours, and PS - I am on a Forum that is making the 3rd Dungeon Keeper we always wanted so badly.

Bullfrog, Lucas Arts, Westwood and Blizzard.....those are the guys who knew what gaming was about!
they don't make 'em like they used to............

MissIndia

I dug up a rom of a very old game called CRAZY CLIMBER - THINK FROM THE 80s.
It's cool - if I was a child then - it would've been my favourite.
So you have to climb up a building - moving up opening and closing windows - all the while dodging stuff ppl are throwing like pot plants - bird ***king down.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
MegaMan on the Golden China!

My first 'puter was also a packard bell hehe, a 133MHz.... back then you could load quite a few games on a massive 2GB Hard Drive!

My favorites are very similar to yours, and PS - I am on a Forum that is making the 3rd Dungeon Keeper we always wanted so badly.

Bullfrog, Lucas Arts, Westwood and Blizzard.....those are the guys who knew what gaming was about!
they don't make 'em like they used to............
Would add ID and Valve to a lesser degree to that list as well. Can't even remember the number of hours we spent lanning quake 1 and those various half-life mods.

My first pc was a P2 233MHz with MMX technology :p

Before that we also only had a golden china :eek:

Space_Cowboy

Nintendo

1.MC Mario (mcdonalds version)
2.Battle Toads
3.Super Mario 3 (where you could fly the first time)
4.Monster in my Pocket
5.Bubble Bobble
6.Maze Song
7.Tiny Toons
8.Snow Bros
9.Super Contra
10.Adventure Island 2,3,4

PC

1.Ascendency
2.Fury of the Furies
3.Shadow Caster
4.Doom
5.Duke Nukem 3D
6. C & C
7.Warcraft 1+2 + exp
8.Larry
9.Mortal Kombat 1,2,3
10.Jazz Jack Rabbit

wrathex

Expert Member
Emerald Mine - Amiga
Rocketman - Amiga
Quake & Quake 2
Red Alert 2
Diablo
Imperium Galactica

grok

Honorary Master
Boulder Dash on the Commodore 64 (a long long time ago)

Le^stat

Street fighter 1
Mortal Combat 1 + 2
Double Dragon
Space Quest
Kings Quest
Contra
Digger(DigDug)
Super Mario

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Contra, Super Mario Bros, Street fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, Metal Slug before I turned 11.
After Turned 11: Fifa 98, Dungeon Keeper, Quake 2, Doom 95, Tekken 2/ 3, Xmen vs Street Fighter, Jazz jack rabbit, Keen 4, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter,soul Calibur , Raptor

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I used to play a game called Monty's Revenge.... that was way back when on an XT.

I loved a lot of games, I think the one I like the most is the commando's series of games. I heard that there is going to be a new one... they are doing it in the old style top down, not this 3d crap.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Asteriods was my first ever on Atari :eek: :D but first best-ever games were Civilization 2 and Riven :)

flarkit

Executive Member
Arcade coin-op:
Sky Shark
Side Arms

Atari 2600:
Centipede

PC (a CGA 386-DX40):
Eye of the Beholder

wetkit

Expert Member
Hahaha, my first PC was an original pentium 8086 or something. 20MB hard drive! and 16k memory, I think.
Games was Baby Drop and Test Drive.

Then came the colour screens.
California Games
The Incredable Machine (Best puzzel game EVA!!!!)
Crystal Caves

Later is was Doom, Dune and Half Life (It felt like years to complete that game on a P150 with a VooDoo 3Dfx card, 8M memory)