What will happen to Nu Metro after lockdown

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
What will happen to Nu Metro after lockdown

South Africa's national COVID-19 lockdown has a severe impact on many industries, including local cinemas.

Ster-Kinekor and Nu Metro began implementing social distancing restrictions at their venues before the lockdown was announced, and were forced to close their local cinema complexes after it was implemented.

lexis

Some (not all) of these theaters are so expensive and as a result attract so few visitors that no-one will notice if they remove some of the seats.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
“Nothing can ever replace or substitute the joy of watching a movie in a cinema, with popcorn, drinks, sweets, movie fun, big sound and prime quality visuals on the best screens, and all the other treats which make going to the movies such a social special outing for people of all ages,” Burrows said.
So much fun eating and drinking with a mask on.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
My friend gets free tickets because he works for one of them. The only reason why I go. They are not paying full salaries atm but that's understandable.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

krycor

Honorary Master
Wonder when direct to tv will become the norm? I’m sure with most of this year gone the industry is beginning to rethink it.

Lupus

Honorary Master
They'll become Obsolete Metro and SupernovaKinekor.... and about time too.

WhoTF still goes "the movies" ?
I've gone a few times, kids love the movies and we have a small independent with good pricing and comfy chairs.

CeeBee

Expert Member
bring back the drive-ins!
Menlyn still has the big screen on top level parking lot, since last they had drive-in movies... just reactivate it.
progress in projectors, and streaming/FM audio should make it easy.
social distancing and movies sorted :)

of course, they will have to allow us to bring our own expensive snacks