What would it take to get you to pay your TV license?

What would it take to get you to pay your TV license?

• Better programming

Votes: 75 14.4%
  • Less political influence/More independence

Votes: 86 16.5%
  • Nothing, we don't need a public broadcaster

Votes: 278 53.4%
  • I pay my license annually

Votes: 160 30.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 47 9.0%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Given the current state of the SABC what would it take to get you to pay your TV license? Is it a matter of programming? More independence from political influence? Or does the country not need a public broadcaster?

I've often wondered how it is that the BBC produces so much good content, relying on licence fees, while the SABC seemingly went in the opposite direction.

abzob

Honorary Master
She’d offer to pay your TV License instead.

Edit: hunter’s post got deleted.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Seems i asked for too much. I'd settle for a limited edition whisky delivered by courier. Then pay my fee.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
SABC's in an untenable spot
The state mandates them to create content in 20 billion languages
The ones that need its broadcasts generally can't pay
The ones that can pay don't want 95% of the content that's irrelevant to them

rambo919

Honorary Master
the public broadcaster must be funded from the fiscus and not via this stupid notion of a tv licence
So basically you want it to be a mandatory tax on everyone..... whether they have a TV or not.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Given the current state of the SABC what would it take to get you to pay your TV license? Is it a matter of programming? More independence from political influence? Or does the country not need a public broadcaster?

I've often wondered how it is that the BBC produces so much good content, relying on licence fees, while the SABC seemingly went in the opposite direction.
When one actually watches sabc? *shakes head*...

But let's not be daft about it. back then there were quality shows, now it is just more same ****. I mean kak begets kak, how hard is it to wrap your head around this? Anyhow, I suppose we will let the underprivileged thinkers play in the mybox today without recourse. God knows.

Last edited: