What you can and can't do in level 3 lockdown

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Level 3 lockdown rules for South Africa — what you can and can't do

Minister of Cooperative Governance and Corporate Affairs Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has published the updated alert level 3 lockdown regulations for South Africa.

This follows an address by President Cyril Ramapahosa last night where he announced that further restrictions would be implemented nationwide to curb the spread of Covid-19.

The additional restrictions include limitations on the sale of alcohol and a longer curfew.

Alcohol sales at restaurants remain unrestricted, subject to the hours of curfew, while liquor stores will only be permitted to sell alcohol from Monday to Thursday within the hours of 10:00 to 18:00.

Last edited:

MeestaR

Expert Member
Great so instead of people drinking safe and alone at home, they have to go to an establishment and mingle in order to prevent the spread.

Makes 100% sense....... NOT
They said off-site consumption at public places is prohibited, nothing said about drinking at home. So yeah, I will take my beer, ciders and whatnot, at drink it at home.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
They said off-site consumption at public places is prohibited, nothing said about drinking at home. So yeah, I will take my beer, ciders and whatnot, at drink it at home.

1st I don't drink at all so doesn't bother me what they do but know most weekly and lower wage earners do not pre-buy caseloads for a weekend, so they 100% "forced" to go to local pub/shebeen to get their "fix"

Personally I would say other way round would be better prevention. Open buying but not allowed to consume at any establishment.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
1st I don't drink at all so doesn't bother me what they do but know most weekly and lower wage earners do not pre-buy caseloads for a weekend, so they 100% "forced" to go to local pub/shebeen to get their "fix"

Personally I would say other way round would be better prevention. Open buying but not allowed to consume at any establishment.
They always get this one bass ackwards - probably intentionally.

Shadowchaser1

So Covid in your country is working today? Not allowed buying alcohol on a public holiday? Really? So tomorrow when everything is normal again, you allowed to buy and Covid disappears? Friday-Sunday Covid is back, no alcohol sales? How do they connect Covid and alcohol? No other country in the world did that. Greenland did it only for 10 days and 1 place in France wanted to, but the ban was reversed.

shearder

I may be subject to curfew and bottle store times lol but I certainly don't recognise these amoebas that are anc. I never voted for uneducated Cuban degree holding <people>. Their followers can listen to their **** THAT WAS RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL IN JUNE LAST YEAR BYBTHE HIGH COURT and fools still follow as these pieces of faeces break the law

Last edited by a moderator:

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
So Covid in your country is working today? Not allowed buying alcohol on a public holiday? Really? So tomorrow when everything is normal again, you allowed to buy and Covid disappears? Friday-Sunday Covid is back, no alcohol sales? How do they connect Covid and alcohol? No other country in the world did that. Greenland did it only for 10 days and 1 place in France wanted to, but the ban was reversed.
Because our esteemed Minister is a world Ass Innovator!

The Darkness

Expert Member
Impossible to compare these countries to this lot. Have you been out lately and seen the mayhem in SA? Go see the CBD on a Friday night. It’s our own fault; firstly for not taking this seriously, but mostly for keeping on voting in an incompetent criminal syndicate to ‘run’ this place, and then expect first world decisions and actions when it really counts. Look at the rest of the world, even poorer African countries and it’s a very different story in terms of how this pandemic is being handled. They are so far behind in SA, and without the private sector making it happen, there would be no vaccines at all. Even then, their priorities show lack of thought whatsoever. Why vaccinate old retired Mavis, when they should be prioritising the working sector first, the teachers, the economy drivers, allowing for huge mining and construction conglomerates to action their own vaccine drives? It’s because of arrogance, incompetence and gross negligence. Even their health minister was in on the corruption, greedily enriching himself and his family, all while playing ‘concerned family member’.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Level 3 lockdown rules for South Africa — what you can and can't do

Minister of Cooperative Governance and Corporate Affairs Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has published the updated alert level 3 lockdown regulations for South Africa.

This follows an address by President Cyril Ramapahosa last night where he announced that further restrictions would be implemented nationwide to curb the spread of Covid-19.

The additional restrictions include limitations on the sale of alcohol and a longer curfew.

Alcohol sales at restaurants remain unrestricted within the hours of curfew, while liquor stores will only be permitted to sell alcohol from Monday to Thursday within the hours of 10:00 to 18:00.
4279683+_0352b1a473b8ca4dc319d1999b0001e0[1].gif

markings

Expert Member
This level 3 almost looks like level 1. What about fully vaccinated people and international travel? Fully vaccinated is far superior to having been tested.

The Darkness

Expert Member
This level 3 almost looks like level 1. What about fully vaccinated people and international travel? Fully vaccinated is far superior to having been tested.
  • Travelling to and from South Africa via air travel is allowed, subject to Covid-19 restrictions.
  • All international travellers must present a negative Covid-19 test or finance their own upon arrival.
  • International air travel is restricted to OR Tambo, King Shaka, Lanseria, Kruger Mpumalanga, and Cape Town International Airports.
  • The 20 land borders which were previously operational will remain fully operational.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Alcohol sales at restaurants remain unrestricted within the hours of curfew, while liquor stores will only be permitted to sell alcohol from Monday to Thursday within the hours of 10:00 to 18:00.

@Jan this part makes no sense, please fix, there will be no alcohol sales anywhere (legally) within the hours of curfew.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Drunk drivers causing crashes and other drunken related injury things.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's been pointed out that the exclusion for mask wearing for children under 6 has also been removed from the recent gazetted restrictions.

Paulsie

Expert Member
There are certain parts of population that can pre-buy and certain parts that do not. It is those that do not, that tend to consume large quantities over the weekend and stab each other. They also tend to do this at home, not in taverns. So yes, I think this one is justified.