What's the best music to listen to while working?

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Your office is noisy and you need to focus - on come the headphones and the 4-hour Deadmau5 mix.

Or maybe Katy Perry on repeat is the remedy?

What music do you listen to when you work?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Depends on the mood it's either orchestral trance, piano songs, chillout or folk. Perhaps even classical sometimes.

EDIT: love the fact that Google can detect I'm at work or at home and offer me playlists based on the fact. Great feature.

Genisys

Honorary Master
+1. Psytrance is the answer to all noise problems.

Deadmau5 (with minimal vocals), no-vocals EDM mixes, and certain chillstep mixes also work well.
I prefer some uplifting mixed in there as well, but can't go wrong with Psytrance. Trap is also good from time to time.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Rock and metal, drowns out everything else.

Although lately listen to a lot of podcasts.

konfab

Honorary Master
OSTs from Computer games and Movies.

Personal best is the 6 hour long playlist containing all the music from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 3.
Then I have a 9 hour long Star wars playlist that has all the music from all the movies (Episode 1 to Rogue 1).

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
I also listen to rock and metal, and sometimes classical. You can also try ambient and different types of drone music.

TehStranger

Executive Member
Rock, metal, classical, 80s pop, jazz, orchestral, maybe even some EDM or deep house.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Personal best is the 6 hour long playlist containing all the music from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 3.
Great soundtrack but not something that I find helps with focus. More suited to when you want to escape...

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Melodic death metal.

In flames, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork is 55% of my playlist, wiht In Flames making up the bulk of that. 67% in fact

then there is the mellow Rock.
some breaking Benjamin and some The Butterfly effect. some chevelle songs, some the Narrow. that is about 20% of the playlist

the there is some Viking Metal
Tyr, Amon Amarth and one Heidenfolk making up about 10% of the playlist.

then there is some random songs taht I enjoy making up the other 3%
a few slipknot songs, a few Arch enemy songs, a few Tech N9ne songs,
one Assemblage 23 song one Bittereinder one Combichrist one VnV nation.

all in all the playlist is 240 songs. 132 Melodic Death, 89 in flames, 22 Viking metal songs, and 42 "Mellow rock"

Thor

Honorary Master
Tool, Deftones, 21 Pilots, SOAD, Killing Joke, Quaker City Night Hawks, any indi rock basically

Thor

Honorary Master
This is the stuff that gets work done

[video=youtube_share;EXTDoVANaVA]https://youtu.be/EXTDoVANaVA[/video]

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I just hit the shuffle and can get anything from Wu Tang Clan to Kelly Clarkson. Though lately I've taken a liking to synthwave like Dynatron and Com Truise.