What's the biggest thing you've ever downloaded?

Padroni

Battlestar Galactica (2003)
This includes:
Miniseries (2 x 1.5h movies)
Complete series, webisodes, movies, Caprica spinoff series, soundtrack, extras, etc.
67GB

And worth it.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
After a night out with some really good mates while I still lived in Pinetown. We decided at 02H00 we decided some shawarmas were in order. Spent about an hour driving around all over the CBD and eventually found a place that was open on the Berea. Forget the name now. Four shawarmas please good Sir... and 20 minutes later we were on our way. Shawarmas were meh... But what do you expect from a dodge snack shack in Durban at 02H00? Got home around 03H30 and slept like a mofo. Prolly woke at 11 the next morning with the worst tummy ache I had ever had in my life till that point. Greeted my folks as I stumbled to the loo. Locked the door. And thats when it started. A titanic battle. A fight of epic proportions. It was at that moment that I felt empathy for what a mother ostrich endures during egg laying. I was pushing with all my might to release the best of me. It was time to download some brownware. A cache dump of note. Yet it wasn't to be. I strained and strained for what seemed like eternity until I heard a knock at the door. Seems my mom had heard the groaning noises emanating from the locked bathroom and sent my dad to investigate. "Are you ok Son?" he asked gingerly. "Sounds like you ermmm ugggmmm are having an issue in there". A few awkward moment ensued and eventually he left. Still to this day not sure he was convinced that my story about trying to sink the Bismark was truthful. I was a early 20's boy after all. Anyways... was about 30 minutes of straining more til this sucker was birthed. After the protracted fight I dared not wipe and cover the evidence with 2 ply. So I stood up to see what the fek had just happened. And there it was. Matte brown and laying sideways. Half in the water. Half out. Looking ominous and semi-bobbing like James Cameron's Titanic did in at around 2h38 in. I stood there. Speechless. But with a warm sensation in my chest.Like I imagined at that moment a proud dad would feel after his strapping son was born. And that was it. The biggest thing I have ever downloaded.
Jis Boet, that was funny!

Grubscrew

Expert Member
After a night out with some really good mates while I still lived in Pinetown. We decided at 02H00 we decided some shawarmas were in order. Spent about an hour driving around all over the CBD and eventually found a place that was open on the Berea. Forget the name now. Four shawarmas please good Sir... and 20 minutes later we were on our way. Shawarmas were meh... But what do you expect from a dodge snack shack in Durban at 02H00? Got home around 03H30 and slept like a mofo. Prolly woke at 11 the next morning with the worst tummy ache I had ever had in my life till that point. Greeted my folks as I stumbled to the loo. Locked the door. And thats when it started. A titanic battle. A fight of epic proportions. It was at that moment that I felt empathy for what a mother ostrich endures during egg laying. I was pushing with all my might to release the best of me. It was time to download some brownware. A cache dump of note. Yet it wasn't to be. I strained and strained for what seemed like eternity until I heard a knock at the door. Seems my mom had heard the groaning noises emanating from the locked bathroom and sent my dad to investigate. "Are you ok Son?" he asked gingerly. "Sounds like you ermmm ugggmmm are having an issue in there". A few awkward moment ensued and eventually he left. Still to this day not sure he was convinced that my story about trying to sink the Bismark was truthful. I was a early 20's boy after all. Anyways... was about 30 minutes of straining more til this sucker was birthed. After the protracted fight I dared not wipe and cover the evidence with 2 ply. So I stood up to see what the fek had just happened. And there it was. Matte brown and laying sideways. Half in the water. Half out. Looking ominous and semi-bobbing like James Cameron's Titanic did in at around 2h38 in. I stood there. Speechless. But with a warm sensation in my chest.Like I imagined at that moment a proud dad would feel after his strapping son was born. And that was it. The biggest thing I have ever downloaded.
2 Internet points for you.

What a good laugh... But this being MyBroadband... i guess it should be regarding Internet downloads in future

Cius

Executive Member
Work downloads and uploads change the game a bit. Regularly upload a 200TB database to Stockholm for vendor support purposes.