What's the longest you've ever kept a cellphone?

Tman*

Expert Member
Longest, maybe 2 years.

(Buy cash only, no contracts)

MickZA

Executive Member
Celphones maybe 3 years - one of the iconic Nokias, model escapes me.

Smartphones I've upgraded every year for the last 6 years.

As my eyes grow dimmer the screen gets larger, currently on 5.5" which seems to be the maximum for my shirt pocket so this Xiaomi might stay with me for a while :whistling:

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
I had a BlackBerry Curve (think it was the 8520) for about 4 years. Was a great package with BIS.

Edit - Had my iPhone 5 for around 3 years. Car boot ended its life.

Last edited:

geezer

Expert Member
I still have my first cell phone that I got way back in 1997! It was a Nokia 2110.

chrisc

Executive Member
My worst record was 10 mins, in a CellC store. I had just received an iPhone and it was lying on the counter. There were staff coming and going out the back all the time. This lady came out the back, said "is that the iPhone" picked it up and went into the back. That was the last I saw of it. She must have ducked out the back, as when I asked another staff member where this large African lady had gone, she said no-one like that worked there. The manageress tried to say I was talking nonsense, but another staff member said she thought this African lady wanted to go the toilet. I phoned the SAPS but they did not come. Centre Security was even more useless.

Since I had yet to sign anything, they had to give me another, but I had to wait an extra 10 days while they "investigated"

HumanShield

Still have my 3330 which I got in 2004. It was my first phone. Besides, Thor's Hammer might come in handy some day.

Also still rocking my iPhone 4.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
iPhone 4 - around 4 years (ending 2014).

Since then I've had 2 phones with the first one (Huawei - model number escapes me) lasting about 2 years - not intending to replace the current one (Meizu M2 Note) till next year.