What's the most you've spent on any single iOS app?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I tend to be very cautious when buying apps as I don't want to blow my money on a POS app/game, I wonder if I'm sometimes missing out though :eek:

Think the most I've ever spent on a single app was for the Plex app which is $4.99.

So the question is, how much was that expensive app and was it worth it?

greg0205

Honorary Master
$59,99 on TomTom Southern Africa... Quite a few games at $4,99 and $6,99. TomTom has been worth every Cent.

CrazyBob

Formula 1 timing app ...can't remember exact price, but was around R300 or so iirc. Thought it a massive rip-off at the time, but you can't really not have it if you're a fan!

PapercutPrincess

$0.99 on Sleep Cycle, it worked pretty well. I stopped using it when my sleep schedule got messed up though :(

MrMocs

$4.99 for Air Video I wait for the games I like to go $0.99c then I buy

R13...

Honorary Master
$5.99 for note shelf. I really want a good fighting game for iPad but the best one is $14.99 The street fighter x tekken is too short.

I no longer buy apps that are iPhone only because I'm buying a dual sim droid. Plus once you experience games on the big screen you can't go back.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Most likely it was the tomtom app (Southern Africa version). There have been plenty of photography apps though that were over $10.

clasqm

Does buying in-app extras count? Paper is a free download, but I've spent around $8 in additional capabilities.

iWork apps are $10 each. Worth every cent. but just get the ones you need.Bento4 is priced similarly if you wait for their specials, which come around quite often.

I think $10 is about my limit. And I'll still look around for a free equivalent before I plonk down the money.

cyberjays

$59,99 on TomTom Southern Africa... Quite a few games at $4,99 and $6,99. TomTom has been worth every Cent.

Yip, so worth it, I sold my Proper GPS (Garmin) because Tom Tom app works so well =)

For expensive Apps I use Appsfire and wait for them to go on sale, it works and apps actually go on sale quite often.
I got DJay for iPad at half price a couple weeks ago. Brilliant app.

hugos

TomTom, and Navigon, got rid of my Gps device. Works well!

ipodmusicman

$10 for the Geocaching.com app. It is the best $10 i've ever spent on an app. Use it all the time!

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
I tend to be very cautious when buying apps as I don't want to blow my money on a POS app/game, I wonder if I'm sometimes missing out though :eek:

Think the most I've ever spent on a single app was for the Plex app which is $4.99.

So the question is, how much was that expensive app and was it worth it?

Most expensive game was probably Deathsmiles plus some of the Continues as IAPs. I bought most of Cave's games but when on special. Deathsmiles prolly cost $15-20 altogether because was on release special.

Apps - pages, I think. $9.99

I had the XBOX360 version of Deathsmiles, so I knew Cave made good shooters.

Last edited:

Polly101

Expert Member
Sasol birds of SA - it was a gift but i think its around the R300 mark?