Whats the Virgin Money credit card like?

missionimpossible

check your spam folders, my notification went into spam last week.

I called them the next day and closed down the account (which was a quick and pain free process).

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
We trust you find the above in order
where do we get to say: "fahk no a-holes! I do NOT find the above in order!"

Guess I should just stfu seeing as I've already closed the account, but damn, does ABSA not realize none of their offerings are appealing or do they just not care ... or both?

TheBadMadMan

where do we get to say: "fahk no a-holes! I do NOT find the above in order!"

Guess I should just stfu seeing as I've already closed the account, but damn, does ABSA not realize none of their offerings are appealing or do they just not care ... or both?
Perfect time for a bait-n-switch .

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Haven't their offerings always been mediocre and lackluster?
true, there was a brief period where the "big" banks pushed new, sensible, products to directly compete with Capitec, but seems they've forgotten about those products and push hard to get you onto something less sensible

those "compete with Captitec" products being the pay-as-you-use versions of:

FlashSA

Executive Member
In 1 screenshot, this is what is wrong with ABSA - I emailed them to ask why my card is now expired without any new cards arriving (obviously I know why they have not sent new cards, but I have not had any comm's from them whatsoever).

So they will be in contact about migrating to an ABSA CCARD solution but they completely miss the fact that with an expired credit card, I now have no way of using the account. Very poor ending to what was a great product offering.

ABSA VMCC.PNG

mr_norris

Expert Member
So they will be in contact about migrating to an ABSA CCARD solution but they completely miss the fact that with an expired credit card, I now have no way of using the account. Very poor ending to what was a great product offering.
They did send out emails quite early on mentioning the end of the Virgin Money CC, but a lot of people mentioned that it ended up in their junk. Same thing happened to me.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is I'm afraid.

I got a new CC before they sent out the notice, so mine was good to go for a while, but I called them and killed it last week. RIP Virgin Money CC #NeverForget

airborne

Honorary Master
If I'm reading it correctly my Virgin credit card will be functional until next year February as long as it doesn't expire before then?

rodga

Honorary Master
In 1 screenshot, this is what is wrong with ABSA - I emailed them to ask why my card is now expired without any new cards arriving (obviously I know why they have not sent new cards, but I have not had any comm's from them whatsoever).

View attachment 964942
Their prices seem very high!

airborne

Honorary Master
If I'm reading it correctly my Virgin credit card will be functional until next year February as long as it doesn't expire before then?
It worked today, I had some residual positive balance funds that I wanted to clear out, so it seems they will still be working.

ice_cubes

Executive Member
Been putting off getting a new cr card for a while now. Seems like I'll have to apply 2moro because i need 2 rent a car...I guesss Capitec it is for now.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Been putting off getting a new cr card for a while now. Seems like I'll have to apply 2moro because i need 2 rent a car...I guesss Capitec it is for now.

Check with the rental company before you back. Some don't like Capitec cards because they aren't embossed.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Their prices seem very high!

Good luck finding lower CC card fees at R53 for the Gold one, except the Capitec one at R40pm

Nedbank Classic will be R50.50pm (R18.50 + R32) from 1 Jan.

FNB Gold is R51pm (R17 + R34)

Standard Bank Gold is R54pm

Last edited: