What's your experience with itoys.co.za?!?

Macduf

Have you ever bought anything on itoys.co.za .if yes, how was your experience in terms of delivery and customer support...

My experience so far: Made my 1st purchase on Monday (26 November), bought the red jbl xtreme bluetooth speaker. got a confirmation email which also stated i should expect another email with a tracking link.

24hrs later (27 August) i had not received it but atleast i received an email from a certain justin informing me that the Red edition is actually out of stock but they do have the Black and Squad editions, replied and told them to proceed with the Black edition. also called customer support and they told me the order has indeed been amended, tracking link should follow soon.

48hrs later (28 August) since my initial order. still no link or any update. called customer support and i was told the speaker(Black) is on its way to them, from their suppliers. i was assured that i should have the tracking link either within the end of business day or the next day (29 August) before 15h00 with a promise of an overnight delivery.

72hrs later (29 August) since my initial order. Still, no tracking link or any form of communication. In all this i'm the one who has been calling them every time they didnt honor their promises.

Which got me wondering. am i just an odd case or has anyone had any issues with them in the past?

Justin Thomson

Hi Walter,

We are extremely sorry for the delay you experienced with your recent iToys order and lack of communication from our side. As discussed on the phone, our stock of the JBL Xtreme speakers sold out quickly over the Black Friday weekend. The JBL distributor in SA only had stock remaining in the Black and Squad colour options, so we were only able to arrange new stock in those two color options. Our stock from the JBL distributor is usually delivered to our office within 1 - 2 days, but unfortunately this week it was only delivered on Thursday afternoon (i.e, 3 days after you placed your order on Monday). Your order was processed for delivery this morning, and is being handed over to our courier service this afternoon. We're sending your order using our Express Delivery period, which means it should still be delivered to you on Monday (i.e still within the stipulated Free Delivery period of up to 5 business days that you selected for your order delivery). You can expect to receive the tracking details for the delivery in an email this afternoon. Again please accept our sincerest apologies for this delay experienced and subsequent lack of communication from our side.

Kind Regards,
Justin @ iToys