WhatsApp-approved car licence renewal – What you need to know

R4ziel

Expert Member
Do you need to pay outstanding fines before renewing or is it like the post office where you can renew without settling the fines first? I might have a fine or two still outstanding but need to renew my license

Thor

Honorary Master
Wasted my time

Please enter a valid registration number

NB! We currently service the following areas:
- Gauteng (GP)

If your region isn’t listed, sorry for you…

Gazg

Anything to not stand in a never ending queue. Government must pull their heads out of their arses and embrace this type of technology, which can only be a win win situation for everyone.

fruitbat

Expert Member
Google says R199 for the service...

For the time being I'm good... but i can see peeps doing this. What do other places charge?

Dan C

Honorary Master
Google says R199 for the service...

For the time being I'm good... but i can see peeps doing this. What do other places charge?
44,000 messages in one day at R200 each.. That nearly 9mil in a day...

Bobstardelux

What they fail to mention is that if u have endorsements or fines they will not get your disk ... they will pay the money however .... even though it clearly states that no disc can be with held for outstanding endorsements or fines

Wilhelmus

Do you need to pay outstanding fines before renewing or is it like the post office where you can renew without settling the fines first? I might have a fine or two still outstanding but need to renew my license

From my understanding they would have to send you a list of Fines that you still have to pay before they can Issue the Fine. I know licenseZA does this. They let you know what fines you have and they pay the fines together with your new license disk. It is great!

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Yeah, so I got a quote from them recently, charged r508 more than I paid at the postoffice on the same day. What a ripoff. I guess if I had no time to do this myself it would be an option, but the postoffice is convenient, and SPAR only charges like r120 for the same service.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
I just don't understand why SA can't get their **** together. In Aus I'm able to do my car and drivers licence registration and renewal online. Been here almost 4 years and I've gone to the traffic department & medicare office exactly once, on the day after I arrived to do initial registrations and have never had to go back in to any of them.

Even banking is better (and free). Since I've moved it's been absolute hell to get a new card from FNB as they will only issue and allow me to receive a card but only in SA. My bank card here expires next month and I have already received a new card in the mail and activated it online in under a minute.