WhatsApp bug let users bypass biometric security on iPhone

Dave

Honorary Master
WhatsApp bug let users bypass biometric security on iPhone

Softpedia News has reported that a Reddit user found a way to bypass WhatsApp’s Face or Touch ID security locks.

These biometric security measures were introduced earlier this year, but appear to be relatively easy to ignore.

But as I see it before the person can do that they have to get past the actual login security of the iPhone?

You can’t do this when the phone is locked, and who doesn’t have a lock on their phone these days?

Little Mac

Honorary Master
But as I see it before the person can do that they have to get past the actual login security of the iPhone?

You can’t do this when the phone is locked, and who doesn’t have a lock on their phone these days?
True, but you're one of the few who have it lock after being idle for 1 second. :ROFL:

Dave

Honorary Master
True, but you're one of the few who have it lock after being idle for 1 second. :ROFL:

I don’t use WhatsApp on an iPhone. I just looked at the instructions and the first step needs the phone to be unlocked to get to use the Share sheet (it’s not accessible from the lock screen).

Little Mac

Honorary Master
I don’t use WhatsApp on an iPhone. I just looked at the instructions and the first step needs the phone to be unlocked to get to use the Share sheet (it’s not accessible from the lock screen).
Yeah, I wasn't being serious.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

:laugh::ROFL:... so many people don't, so many...