WhatsApp car licence renewal warning

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
WhatsApp car licence renewal warning

The Road Traffic Management Corporation is warning South Africans about a new WhatsApp car licence renewal service called ChatBack.

ChatBack was launched last year and makes it possible for South Africans to renew their car licence through a few simple steps on WhatsApp.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Yeah too risky. I'd rather just take the 1 extra hour to go to the post office and renew myself.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Yeah too risky. I'd rather just take the 1 extra hour to go to the post office and renew myself.
I take 5 minutes at my local Spar - pay them R130 as an admin fee and don't have to stare at any sad faces, or listen to people moaning in the post office queue, which is probably offline anyways

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Have used service and it works well. Will gladly use this service again if it means I don't have to look into the sad sad eyes of a disgruntled government employee again. Government needs to stay in their ****ing lane.

Would be nice if MyBB would reach out to service provider for feedback.

Last edited:

adamr

Executive Member
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Have used service and it works well. Will gladly use this service again if it means I don't have to look into the sad sad eyes of a disgruntled government employee again. Government needs to stay in their ****ing lane.

Would be nice if MyBB would reach out to service provider for feedback.
What is the service fee?

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
We are forced to dish out our name and ID number like candy on halloween in this damn country. Every tom dick and harry needs it before processing our transaction.

saturnz

Honorary Master
it takes me less than 10 minutes to renew my license these days at the Civic Center in town, its really efficient.

I went there two weeks ago with no papers, just my drivers license and it was a really pleasant experience, filled in no forms and paid with a card

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
it takes me less than 10 minutes to renew my license these days at the Civic Center in town, its really efficient.

I went there two weeks ago with no papers, just my drivers license and it was a really pleasant experience, filled in no forms and paid with a card
What about proof of address which is a requirement?
Someone isnt doing their job properly if they are allowing you to renew without that documentation.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Someone isnt doing their job properly if they are allowing you to renew without that documentation.
its only done once a year, I have other vehicles on my name as well

elysian

Proof of address is only required once in CT. Alright, the 2nd time I went they said they didn't have it on file so I provided it again and confirmed it was captured, but since then I haven't needed it for subsequent renewals.

Also usually takes me 5-10 min.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Lol. The government is worried about you giving you info to a third party...... The goverment... :laugh::ROFL::laugh::ROFL:

The third party already has your details, they just need to confirm it probably.

:ROFL::laugh::laugh: