WhatsApp cofounder urges users to delete Facebook

gamer16

Executive Member
Well they do have quite a lot of data I would rather they didn't and they have done some pretty scaly things in the past but then again, Google knows a lot more but they sort of get a free pass. The day Facebook becomes more adds than anything else I may delete it, however at the moment its the main source of news and entertainment for me.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well they do have quite a lot of data I would rather they didn't and they have done some pretty scaly things in the past but then again, Google knows a lot more but they sort of get a free pass. The day Facebook becomes more adds than anything else I may delete it, however at the moment its the main source of news and entertainment for me.
:oops:

Nuro

Expert Member
Huh? The drugs are not working for you Brian....
Well he's not wrong. We all sacrifice bits of privacy for convenience and features. If you really care about privacy you won't use their products.
I haven't used Facebook in years, but Google and their services daily. I know that they have my data and are probably using it, but there is nothing there I care about. As long as you are aware of what's going on.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Well he's not wrong. We all sacrifice bits of privacy for convenience and features. If you really care about privacy you won't use their products.
I haven't used Facebook in years, but Google and their services daily. I know that they have my data and are probably using it, but there is nothing there I care about. As long as you are aware of what's going on.
As it stands, you have absolutely no privacy. Criminals and civilians in South Africa, and for that matter abroad, already have your information in the form of Home Affairs databases, SARS databases, all banks databases, mobile services provider databases, pension fund databases, Telkom databases, eNatis databases, Deeds databases, insurance company databases, vehicle financing company databases, and many others too.

Did you ever provide any of the above information to Facebook? Hell no you didn't. So, Facebook and privacy should be the least of your worries.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Meh he can go suck a tailpipe. The local Facebook groups are useful to me when there is fault with the electricity and/or water in the area that's not loadshedding related. Also most companies have better customer support on Facebook.

gamer16

Executive Member
Yes, News24, IOL, TimesLive, MaroelaMedia etc etc all post links to articles, the ones I may be interested in are the ones that appear that I may follow to their website, not to mention all the Tech news and the okes I follow on YouTube and so on.

Emjay

Executive Member
Facebook are undergoing some criminal investigations as they are giving access to all your information to third parties without your consent. Even your PMs are not private. I am very close to deleting Facebook, but really like my neighborhood groups.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Ag man ou Zuckerberg can read my stuff if he wants to. If he likes messages like, "I wanna dip you in custard and lick you off" or "Dude I just farted at work and no one knows it was me" then knock yourself out.

Ek worri ni of daai vark my goed lees ni. Hond!

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Facebook are undergoing some criminal investigations as they are giving access to all your information to third parties without your consent. Even your PMs are not private. I am very close to deleting Facebook, but really like my neighborhood groups.
Source?

Not that I care what they have of me. Everything they have I gave voluntarily.

Swa

Honorary Master
Well they do have quite a lot of data I would rather they didn't and they have done some pretty scaly things in the past but then again, Google knows a lot more but they sort of get a free pass. The day Facebook becomes more adds than anything else I may delete it, however at the moment its the main source of fake news and entertainment for me.
ftfy

As it stands, you have absolutely no privacy. Criminals and civilians in South Africa, and for that matter abroad, already have your information in the form of Home Affairs databases, SARS databases, all banks databases, mobile services provider databases, pension fund databases, Telkom databases, eNatis databases, Deeds databases, insurance company databases, vehicle financing company databases, and many others too.

Did you ever provide any of the above information to Facebook? Hell no you didn't. So, Facebook and privacy should be the least of your worries.
Yeah exactly right. Became less concerned over these corporations when HA databases were leaked, and then found out it wasn't a leak at all but just some collated publicly available information anyone can get their hands on anyway. If governments aren't concerned about my personal information why should I worry what FB does with it? It's all provided information anyway. If somebody is concerned over privacy they can just block their tracking widgets.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
ftfy

Yeah exactly right. Became less concerned over these corporations when HA databases were leaked, and then found out it wasn't a leak at all but just some collated publicly available information anyone can get their hands on anyway. If governments aren't concerned about my personal information why should I worry what FB does with it? It's all provided information anyway. If somebody is concerned over privacy they can just block their tracking widgets.
Agreed, most people are idiotic when it comes to these things. If only they can all accept that all your personal identifiable information, including HA information, SARS information, all bank information, vehicle information, bond information, etc., are already in criminal / public hands, the quicker they can move on with life. These databases were not leaked online, but rather by corrupt IT staff working in all these sectors, and you can buy them freely in Johannesburg if you know where to look.

upup

Executive Member
My wife got a message on facebook yesterday, a launcher just for her, she installed it, her phone was full of advertising screens, she was so upset with her decision.