WhatsApp could let you use your main account on multiple devices

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
WhatsApp could let you use your main account on multiple devices

WhatsApp has released a new beta update for Android and iOS, which includes several small changes and data that points to a major change coming in the future.

WABetaInfo has said that WhatsApp is rumoured to be working on a new system which will allow users to use the same WhatsApp account across multiple devices simultaneously.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Well, technically this is already being done with WhatsApp web.

gamer16

Honorary Master
No it's not. Whatsapp web still relies on your smartphone being connected to Whatsapp. You can't independently use Whatsapp web without your smartphone also being connected.
That is irrelevant. In order for an act to be seen as a gangbang it is only necessary that some sex is had with some individuals, it is not necessary for all individuals to be having sex simultaneously or independent of each other.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Telegram has been doing this since 2013. And because it is cloud based all the data is available to all devices all the time. Always synced.

Hey WA, 2013 called, they want their vhs copy of Argo back.

@Jamie McKane
isn't it time you did an in depth article on the feature differences of WA and Telegram? So much of what WA is thinking of implementing, has been a feature of Telegram for months or even years.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Telegram has been doing this since 2013. And because it is cloud based all the data is available to all devices all the time. Always synced.

@Jamie McKane
isn't it time you did an in depth article on the feature differences of WA and Telegram? So much of what WA is thinking of implementing, has been a feature of Telegram for months or even years.
Whatsapp has the main feature everyone wants. A user base

gamer16

Honorary Master
Hmmm

@Jamie McKane
The day that you can send messages to Whatsapp from Telegram will be a good day.

Anybody remember Pidgin? Worked brilliantly that/

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Whatsapp has the main feature everyone wants. A user base
Telegram has over 200 million users. It's been a while since they updated the figures, but given the rate of growth it may well be close to 300 million by now. It's a huge platform.

Also, I prefer not having every single person with my number being able to instant message me. Moving your closest friends and family over to Telegram is pretty easy, and as they do the same the Telegram userbase grows quite rapidly.

Hmmm

The day that you can send messages to Whatsapp from Telegram will be a good day.

Anybody remember Pidgin? Worked brilliantly that/
WhatsApp isn't secure, so I'd rather just ditch it entirely.

And yes, I loved Pidgin back in the day. Possibly the best name for a messenger ever. I had at least 3 different platforms integrated, including Mxit. So awesome.

Telegram is open source and allows third party clients by the way. It's Facebook that would sooner die than allow developers to make alternative wrappers for their apps.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Telegram has over 200 million users.
Irrelevant to the SA context.

We had this exact same conversation in 2015. Since then I've gone from 3 people on my list of contacts that have Telegram to 2.