WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram apps no longer pre-installed on Huawei phones

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram apps no longer pre-installed on Huawei phones

Huawei smartphones will no longer be able to ship with WhatsApp, Instagram, or Facebook pre-installed, the company told Reuters.

Facebook said that customers who currently own Huawei smartphones will still be able to use these applications and will continue to receive updates, but new devices will not be allowed to have these applications installed on them by default.

Death_By_Ebola

For someone who does not use these apps on their phone, is it a good thing to invest in a Huawei phone as my Samsung is due for a replacement soon?

I would prefer to have a phone without all this bloat/junk on it.

Thor

Honorary Master
For someone who does not use these apps on their phone, is it a good thing to invest in a Huawei phone as my Samsung is due for a replacement soon?

Don't you use google, or maps or waze?

What apps do you use?

Death_By_Ebola

I get my email on my desktop, and when I am out do not care for who is sending me emails or why.
I don`t need maps, after living 20 years in JHB I know my way around.
I dont use Waze either

Edit: spelling

Park@82

Honorary Master
I get my email on my desktop, and when I am out do not care for who is sending me emails or why.
I dont use Waze either
Sounds like you don't need a Smartphone at all. What do you use on your phone?

JustAsk

Expert Member
I dont use Waze either

Edit: spelling
Agreed. Even if you really want to have you emails on the go, there's proper email apps like Proton.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Why don't they rid the phone of the other bloatware as well. People can install apps they want, yes?

system32

Expert Member
Huawei smartphones will no longer be able to ship with WhatsApp, Instagram, or Facebook pre-installed, Facebook told Reuters.
American Spyware & bloatware won't be pre-installed.
That's a good thing for consumers.
Facebook was paying Huawei to pre-install American Spyware & bloatware.

Dups!

Hmmm... I wouldn't mind if they are allowed to use telegram. Since whatsapp is coming up with ads soon I am ditching it anyway.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
S5. Great phone, has served me well, but the battery life is a pita lately. Even after buying a new battery I get 1 day out of it before it needs to be charged again.
That's normal most phones get charged everyday now, my wife charges her iPhone like a twice a day.

upup

Executive Member

Nokia got zero of those.

zippy

Executive Member
I have banned Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and snapchat from my iPhones for years now.