Whatsapp Notification window is driving me MAD

dh_za

Everytime I open whatsapp a windows opens up wanting me to switch on notification banners and Notification in the lock screen..
I WANT NEITHER OF THESE ON ..
does this mean i need to sit though this annoying windows wanting me to activate them every time i open whatsapp ?

Think i need to downgrade a version if this carry s on

Drifter

Honorary Master
Uninstall and re-install. I dont have that issue...

Oh, wait, I'm on Android... :)

wezzcoetzee

I don't have this issue with my whatsapp at all - using an iPhone

Last edited:

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I have not seen that pop up come up ever.

if you are using Android, did you download it off the google play store or some third part place like the samsung app store? if that is the case, format and redo, dont mess with third party apps ever.

if you are on iPhone/Blackberry/Windows Phone consider upgrading to a smart phone, there are really good deals on all sorts of Mid range phones, like the LG L7 series, or an older Galaxy, there are even HTC ones going for good prices. have you heard about the Nexus?

Oh wait this is the thread that forum that was so badly mislabeled. it should have been:
I have too much Disposable Income and I cannot look at facts and Figures without Bias so I throw money at a brand that has not done anything original since 2010, but I will never admit it because I am an iSheep

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Everytime I open whatsapp a windows opens up wanting me to switch on notification banners and Notification in the lock screen..
does this mean i need to sit though this annoying windows wanting me to activate them every time i open whatsapp ?

Try reinstalling the app.

Troll elsewhere.

wezzcoetzee

if you are on iPhone/Blackberry/Windows Phone consider upgrading to a smart phone

I never see iPhone users bashing android users, only the other way around...

If you want an android phone, Nexus is the only 1 I personally like, otherwise I wouldn't bother...

Darko

Oh wait this is the thread that forum that was so badly mislabeled. it should have been:
I have too much Disposable Income and I cannot look at facts and Figures without Bias so I throw money at a brand that has not done anything original since 2010, but I will never admit it because I am an iSheep

OMGIPHONEZLOLWTFBBQ

CaffeinePirate

I don't have them. Iphone 5s Whatsapp 2.11.9.

Did you turn them off in the App? Because if you didn't, that window you mentioned pops up.

In other words don't turn the notifications off in phone settings, but turn them off on whatsapp settings.

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master

Mmmmm, tried unsuccessfully to replicate your issue.

I assume you running Version 2.11.9?

There 2 places where you can switch notifications off/on.

1.) Whatsapp> settings> notifications> in-app notifications> Alert style> none/banner/alert
2.) Settings> notification center> Whatsapp> Alerts> show in alert style/notification center/show on lock screen

fruitbat

Expert Member
This is prob off topic... but wouldn't this be cool.... if it was possible to get a notification on your lock screen saying...

"Whatsapp Messenger - <list of names seperated by commas>"

Instead of a whole list of notifications...

dh_za

Ok, I email whatsapp support and have now released a update that reduced the amount of times the notification setting reminder window pops up... so all sorted now with the update

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
Ok, I email whatsapp support and have now released a update that reduced the amount of times the notification setting reminder window pops up... so all sorted now with the update

Good luck on getting a reply. Been waiting for them to reply since I still had an *cough* android device...

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I have not seen that pop up come up ever.

if you are using Android, did you download it off the google play store or some third part place like the samsung app store? if that is the case, format and redo, dont mess with third party apps ever.

if you are on iPhone/Blackberry/Windows Phone consider upgrading to a smart phone, there are really good deals on all sorts of Mid range phones, like the LG L7 series, or an older Galaxy, there are even HTC ones going for good prices. have you heard about the Nexus?

idiot