WhatsApp privacy policy change only about business messaging - Facebook

SynergyZA

Sure.
So they are giving Whatsapp Business users the option, non-business probably has no option. Got it.

j4ck455

Executive Member
“There will be no change in data sharing with Facebook for non-business chats and account information, and with regard to business messaging, we are not mandating users to share data,” the company said.
A Facebook unclarification of note.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Duh, it was about Facebook Pay all along, it is in the new terms though vague it is explicitly mentioned.

No, the policy applies to interoperability, any cross-exchange between Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp (Business or not) requires compliance. Normal Whatsapp chat can be inter opted with Facebook Messenger.

No, it doesn't only apply to Whatsapp Business, it applies to any and all interoperability.

I still don't know why people are losing their sizzles.

Bottom line is that Facebook wants to enable e-commerce on Whatsapp, though it is already possible, they want you to transact via Facebook Pay.

ActivateD

Expert Member
If it was about WhatsApp Business why was it displayed to normal user accounts? So many people in my circle have migrated to Signal.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
If it was about WhatsApp Business why was it displayed to normal user accounts? So many people in my circle have migrated to Signal.

Because Facebook Pay is a Business product, both B2C and B2B, and 'normal' users can interact with business users vice versa. Then you need to look at interruptibility, the capability to communicate via Facebook Messenger with WhatsApp. There is a lot more to it, but data is shared in interoperability and how is purchases made without any data sharing?

The core point is that this is about transacting.

abjater

They can soft soap it anyway they want, play it down whichever way, mo*er dit met die heuningkwas tot dit drup.... I have decided I'm leaving the WhatsApp / Facebook ecosystem. Sorry, I don't like you any more, not going to be your product. Both for personal use and for business and support use.
Come on peeps, we still have a little bit of power take to influence the circles around us. DO IT! What else do you have to do tonight at 9 pm, since you can't go jolling, clubbing, partying? Or tomorrow night?

RedViking

Nord of the South
See, you bunch wet your pants for nothing. It doesn't effect your data that was shared with Facebook anyways before the changes. That is still safely shared. Go relax now and update your Status.

genetic

Honorary Master
See, you bunch wet your pants for nothing. It doesn't effect your data that was shared with Facebook anyways before the changes. That is still safely shared. Go relax now and update your Status.

Are you mad? Then Facebook will know what are doing and come get you! :ROFL:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Exactly, and we know what they say when you don't pay for the product... you are and were the product.
Yet when WhatsApp (before the New Order) wanted to charge for the service, every one had diarrhoea.

Nemesys

It popped up twice now on both my and my wife's phones. The latest this morning. Refused to accept both times. Lets see if they will block us on Feb 8. Our accounts are not business related. I am on a few groups mainly safety related in our street and area. My wife is not on any group.

emperornemesis

All this hoo-ha from Facebook is but a precursor of what's to come. I suspect that soon Messenger and Whatsapp will be merged. This will be done to relax the encryption used so that Suckerberg and his cronies can start spying on you in an attempt to sell more ads. Facebook's privacy infringements in the past has been widely publicised, and in my honest opinion, this will be the beginning of the end for Facebook and Whatsapp. I personally will be getting rid of whatsapp as I absolutely hate ads, and I hate the fact that both Facebook and Google allow scammers and criminals to run ad campaigns on their respective platforms without taking any action when these ads (anyone noticed the 3 million ads in Google news app for software "invented" by Mark Shuttleworth) are reported.

Swa

Honorary Master
All this hoo-ha from Facebook is but a precursor of what's to come. I suspect that soon Messenger and Whatsapp will be merged. This will be done to relax the encryption used so that Suckerberg and his cronies can start spying on you in an attempt to sell more ads. Facebook's privacy infringements in the past has been widely publicised, and in my honest opinion, this will be the beginning of the end for Facebook and Whatsapp. I personally will be getting rid of whatsapp as I absolutely hate ads, and I hate the fact that both Facebook and Google allow scammers and criminals to run ad campaigns on their respective platforms without taking any action when these ads (anyone noticed the 3 million ads in Google news app for software "invented" by Mark Shuttleworth) are reported.
What encryption? Nothing prevents them from spying on you now.

emperornemesis

What encryption? Nothing prevents them from spying on you now.
Agreed. I have long suspected that FB uses some kind of man-in-the-middle message forwarding, meaning that comms between you and someone else may be encrypted, but it works more along the lines of encrypted between you and whatsapp, and then again between whatsapp and the recipient, leaving Suckerberg able to see all my dick pics that I have sent to people. When FB purchased Whatsapp, I knew that trouble would start brewing, just did not onow it would take this long before they would become arrogant about it.