When to expect busy roads between Joburg and Durban in December

KT-B

Honorary Master
Lucky you, but it seems you don't live in a holiday town like I do.
During these times getting into my own driveway is a mission with GP idiots that does not know how a traffic circle works or how general traffic works.
Driving 40 in a 60 zone, stopping to look at trees, etc. Seems these Vaalie morons has never seen anything simple in there life before......
Come now - we aren't that bad. And I promise I will stay down coast most of the time lol
BTW - what is so special about your tree?

Lucky you, but it seems you don't live in a holiday town like I do.
During these times getting into my own driveway is a mission with GP idiots that does not know how a traffic circle works or how general traffic works.
Driving 40 in a 60 zone, stopping to look at trees, etc. Seems these Vaalie morons has never seen anything simple in there life before......
I go to the Virgin Active in your town, so your predicament is a good excuse for me to avoid that too until Jan. :D

Come now - we aren't that bad. And I promise I will stay down coast most of the time lol
BTW - what is so special about your tree?
Trees, ships, anything not found in GP (you only have mine dumps right? :p ) elicits a "slow-down-and-admire" reflex.

We have lovely winding roads from suburb to suburb along the ocean-side but they are mostly one lane in each direction, so major slow down when enough people do that. :thumbsdown:

KT-B

Honorary Master
Trees, ships, anything not found in GP (you only have mine dumps right? :p ) elicits a "slow-down-and-admire" reflex.

We have lovely winding roads from suburb to suburb along the ocean-side but they are mostly one lane in each direction, so major slow down when enough people do that. :thumbsdown:
Yep I love the sea. And it is so green there

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Schools in Gauteng already closing 27th of November... Kids only need to go back for their report cards. Or collect them beginning of next year. So schools actually are closed 2 weeks earlier.
The period between the end of November, when the kids don't have to go to school, and mid December when the Vaalies arrive are vehicular nirvana on the roads.

DanDango

Executive Member
It's a good thing that I'm escaping Durbs on that long weekend (16th) to the 'bergs. I wonder if people from those small towns also get thick of us flooding their dorpies. :unsure:

Jokes aside, and apart from the crowded malls which I now avoid for this whole period, I quite enjoy the festive atmosphere that comes with outdoor parties all over the show. I am quite happy to stock up early and stay home (or get out of town) whilst enjoying the distant view of the beach and all the drunk drama queens on it. :D I'll have the beach for the other 11 months of the year.
+1

I'll be hiding indoors and playing Fortnite this festive season. Galleria Mall is over crowded everyday will avoid it over December.

surface

Expert Member
Err...Cape Town is actually an INTERNATIONAL tourist hotspot - we get MUCH higher revenue per person from international than local visitors.
I think DA should limit local unwashed masses like us. Maybe locals should be allowed to visit WC once in 5 years - maybe have it endorsed in ID or issue a passbook or something. Just throwing out ideas there..

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
It's a good thing that I'm escaping Durbs on that long weekend (16th) to the 'bergs. I wonder if people from those small towns also get thick of us flooding their dorpies. :unsure:
Yes we do! Townies in your Range Rovers with low profile 24" chrome mags.

here is a picture of a 10 car pile up on van Reenen's. All GP cars involved.

20110215__20110216_B02_CD16ROCKSLIDESHELFp1.jpg